PDA

View Full Version : Route Merging Problem

broadwater
March 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
When Imerge a route using TRS2009 build 44653. I get dashed lines on random parts of the route and the only way I have found to remove them is to use the delete track tool. It seems that a missing hedge etc is replaced by the dashed (twin) lines. they can also be seen under track and buildings.

Another problem is that a big trough appears between boards and it is as if whatever was on the join has dissapeared into the hole. I can recover by leveling out the land but it is a strange problem.
Any Ideas?

bolivar
March 29th, 2011, 05:29 PM
The trough and raised topography issue when merging is a known and reported issue with TRS 2010. Doesn't look like it will be fixed either. Maybe TRS2012 will have a fix.

HiBaller
March 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
The 'giant chasm' problem has been around for years. Sometimes it goes away if you load up the smallest route and merge it bigger one to it. Other times, just re-merging with a new set of routes works,

Bill

steamboateng
March 29th, 2011, 06:42 PM
The trough and raised topography issue when merging is a known and reported issue with TRS 2010. Doesn't look like it will be fixed either. Maybe TRS2012 will have a fix.

Is this a problem with TrainzDem generated routes, in TS2010 also?

JCitron
March 29th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Is this a problem with TrainzDem generated routes, in TS2010 also?

Yes, I've noticed it there too.

It's a weird problem, and I reported it again when I beta tested TS2009.

The good news is though. At at least the flying spline issue has been fixed. When routes were merged in the earlier version of TS2010, any spline connected to a scenery object such as a station, road crossing, or industry, would extend its self off in the space somewhere to the other side of the layout. The only way to fix that then was to cut the tracks and hopefuly delete all of the streamers!

The way I got around the problem was to disconnect the splines from the fixed-track objects, including roads from the crossings, before merging.

John

bolivar
March 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Yes it has been around for years, however I have found it to be 100% worse with TRS2010. Not only the actual join up of the merger and mergee layout but all baseboard joins of the mergee layout lose textures together with the troughs and rises. Never had such probs with TRS 2006. Just a few jagged bits at some joins.