PDA

View Full Version : Where is the "MAP VIEW" in Surveyor ?? TS2009

edion2
March 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Hello,

I distinctly remember using MAP VIEW in Surveyor to add and remove baseboards.

It was really handy when I had to "chop up" a route. Its been a while since I used this feature, maybe it was TS2006 . . . I'm not sure.

Now I need to use it again and I can't find that feature in TS2009. I think it was part of the topology tab . . . I can't find it. Maybe I'm just too old . . . :hehe:

Is this feature gone now ??

Thanks
Ed

NormP
March 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Press "Ctrl "and "M".

Again to delete Map view..

Cheers NormP.

rweber95
March 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
You can only add baseboards in Surveyor by using the topology (F1) and add ground (X) function. You can watch the addition of baseboards in the Map View but you can't change anything with it.

Bob Weber

mezzoprezzo
March 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
You can use the right mouse button on the minimap to quickly hop around to the particular baseboard/s you want to delete. Wherever you place the cursor on the minimap, followed by RMB click, will place the compass on the selected baseboard, regardless of how far away it might be.

Make sure the Topology flyout is selected, with the advanced panel open and section delete button illuminated. You only need do this once.

Clicking alternately around the minimap then across to the baseboard becomes a very quick way of navigating/deleting.

Casper

edion2
March 21st, 2011, 02:59 AM
Hello,

Aaa HAAAA ! Cntrl-M . . . If I was a bit younger, I probably would have remembered that.:hehe:

I know . . . at my age, I should have been wise enough to have known what to do.

Its coming back to me . . . right click on the map to move around.

Thanks everyone !

Ed