PDA

View Full Version : EMD/GE Widecab interiors.

jd_demars
March 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone, I have been a long time user of multiple versions of Trainz. However I have grown very tired of the default widecab used in Trainz. I remember spectacular cabs that were incredibly accurate and very pleasing to the eye. They were from Phil Campbell's World of Trains and there were several to choose from depending on what type of control stand or cab was prototypical for that unit. I have tried to purchase a few locomotives off his website, payed via paypal but have yet to receive the email with DL links and instructions. I assume he is either out of business or is un-able to get back to me regarding my order and payment.

Does anyone know where I can get some cabs/interiors that will work with Trainz 2010 and are even remotely close to what Phil was able to do as far as accuracy and looks? I have looked around and even purchased some Jointed Rail products but have been mildly bummed out about the lack of custom cab from JR and options on the CMP. JR has fantastic units and sounds but I think its time for some new custom cabs.

davesnow
March 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
----I think its time for some new custom cabs.

The sentiments of many. . . . .

`

philskene
March 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
jd --

If you are willing to go payware, see here:

http://www.hp-trainz.de/html/MPR_P_EN.html

I can't remember whether I had to fiddle with the F40 cab to make it work in TS2010 without Compatibility Mode, but I can say for sure that I alias all my wide cabs to it.

Phil

nikos1
March 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
The old DR AC44/C44-9W ones arn't all that bad, if you want to run a desktop. Nothing good AAR or for EMD's unfortunatly.

jd_demars
March 9th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I checked out that HP trains stuff and it looks good but I have to wait for the X version, I also looked for the DR AC44/C44-9W but had no luck. Do you remember where I might be able to find that? I had a desktop cab for 2004 and a CEFX AC4400 but I can't for the life of me find that even anymore.

gary6204
March 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I checked out that HP trains stuff and it looks good but I have to wait for the X version, I also looked for the DR AC44/C44-9W but had no luck. Do you remember where I might be able to find that? I had a desktop cab for 2004 and a CEFX AC4400 but I can't for the life of me find that even anymore.
try sporbust.com... there are some there

jcurran
March 9th, 2011, 10:17 PM

They are on ProTrainz.

jd_demars
March 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Ugh... lol I downloaded a couple really good looking BNSF, CP and CEFX locos off of Protrainz and all of them have the same faulty interior problem and I can't find the kuid for the interior of them anywhere.

trainmasta2011
August 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
yeah i have been wondering the same thing. unfortunately, i only know of one site, and that is jointed rail. but, only the SD70MACs and similar looking locos have the wide cab. i figured out that there was a kuid on JR with 2 emd wide cabs, but those will break anything its not meant to go in, so sorry man. i am wondering the same thing. where to get custom cabs.