PDA

View Full Version : Add on Duchess does'nt work

amsterdamgeorge
March 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I recently purchased the Duchess's from N3V games pty ltd. in Jan 2011 and eventually installed it after upgrading TS2010 as it was an old version.

I clicked on the Duchess.exe and it installed in TS2010 it went in OK, when I finished the install it opened TS2010.

But for the life of me I can't find a Duchess anywhere I've looked in the
1) Rail Yard
2) Content Update
3) Surveyor (The Trains tab)
4) Content Manager I thought maybe find a Duchess and (ctrl M) couldn't see it anywhere.

I have imported 3rd party locos before and they haven't caused me so much grief, usually I click on the loco file they open up in Content Manager I then "ctrl M" close Content Manager and I can then open Rail Yard, Surveyor and they are there.

What have I done wrong?
I am not a computer geek but I can usually sort things out.
But I am absolutely lost on this. Is there anything I can do
The Author hasn't replied yet

any help appreciated
George

shaneturner12
March 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
You need to make sure you have registered the serial number for it into the Trainz Options box otherwise it will not appear.

Shane

robd
March 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I recently purchased the Duchess's from N3V games pty ltd...
...The Author hasn't replied yet.
George

Ha Ha, you'll never get a reply from Auran on this subject!

As shaneturner12 says, you probably forgot to register the package.

Rob.

amsterdamgeorge
March 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your speedy replies I did register the serial no. it's up there with TS 2010 and Trains Classic 3 Do you think I've been ripped off?

shaneturner12
March 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Also check that you have actually added the serial number into the Trainz Options/Configure Trainz box (the one you get when you click Options on the Launcher)

Shane

clam1952
March 9th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Untick Only Display favourite items in Surveyor options.

amsterdamgeorge
March 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks very much Shane and Malc, that cured the problem, I've now got a green Duchess and tender, and it appears to function OK. I can change the number, just got to work out how to change the livery. Once again thanks very much.