PDA

View Full Version : Communication Problems In Trainz iChat

Thule_P
February 22nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hi.

As the title suggests, I am having communication trouble in Trainz. When I use the online chat setting in either Driver or the general iChat setting, I cannot seem to get it working, especially when it comes to talking to people in private chat. I can communicate through the channels n iChat, but I cannot seem to send or receive messages in private chat on directly on person. I am using this mode mainly in TS2010, so as to get used to the game and all that.

Another problem is that when I use the Content Manager Plus for Trainz '06, it continues to say that it cannot connect to the DLS, no matter what. It says to make sure my details are all correct, and they are. I have basically done the same for 2010, and that has no trouble connecting. It is just '06 that refuses to work. If anyone can help me in all this, I will be rather grateful.

Many thanks,
Richard

ct_krogen
February 23rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
[quote=Thule_P;750307]Hi.

As the title suggests, I am having communication trouble in Trainz. When I use the online chat setting in either Driver or the general iChat setting, I cannot seem to get it working, especially when it comes to talking to people in private chat. I can communicate through the channels n iChat, but I cannot seem to send or receive messages in private chat on directly on person. I am using this mode mainly in TS2010, so as to get used to the game and all that.

hwta probelms you have with teh game chat

Another problem is that when I use the Content Manager Plus for Trainz '06, it continues to say that it cannot connect to the DLS, no matter what. It says to make sure my details are all correct, and they are. I have basically done the same for 2010, and that has no trouble connecting. It is just '06 that refuses to work. If anyone can help me in all this, I will be rather grateful.

you have to have a fct to d/l for 06.... or just use 10 to ftp it

Thule_P
February 24th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Well I've already fixed the problem for '06 Content Manager, but the problem with iChat is still a mystery. I know it was offline yesterday, but it was working fine the day before that. If my iChat wasn't working, it wouldn't be able to connect to the chat rooms and what not. It's only in private chats I cannot seem to send messages.

Sorry, but my iChat seems to be completely offline now. I don't know why. If anyone has any good advice on how I can fix this problem, please let me know. Thank you.

Thule_P
February 27th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Sorry for d-posting. Does anyone know what the situation is and how to fix it? If this is the wrong board, can one of the mods please move this thread to the board for problems? Thanks!

ct_krogen
February 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
the ichat server is down,,, right now

ct_krogen
February 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
[
Another problem is that when I use the Content Manager Plus for Trainz '06, it continues to say that it cannot connect to the DLS, no matter what. It says to make sure my details are all correct, and they are.

do you have a fct??? if not well only trainz 10 will haveacess to the d/l
station

Thule_P
February 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
A) I don't have any FCT.

B) I have made contact with the DLS in CMP, but haven't been able to download, check answer A).

C) I've noticed it.

Funnily enough, it was working this morning. Dunno why it should be offline this afternoon. Why have Auran taken the iChat server down?

Thule_P
March 5th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Will someone please stop fiddling with the iChat server please? It has been working up until Friday, and I thought that everything was going to be alright. But now I can't connect! Can someone please tell me what is wrong here?

ct_krogen
March 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
it down....

cascaderailroad
June 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Is IChat the "Buddy" thingy button ?

Does It Wurk' ?

Thule_P
June 8th, 2011, 05:23 AM
It's back up again, and yes, it is.

ct_krogen
June 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
[quote=Thule_P;754243]A) I don't have any FCT.

well for you to d/l any thing for 06 you will need a fct.....

Thule_P
June 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
OK, here's the thing- my chat works in '06, but it doesn't connect in '10. What's going on here?

ct_krogen
June 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
[quote=Thule_P;816916]OK, here's the thing- my chat works in '06, but it doesn't connect in '10. What's going on here?

well the ichat server has been up & down for teh last week ,,, i use skype
to voice chat it free..

Thule_P
June 21st, 2011, 05:54 AM
OK, I'll try it today. See what happens when I get the chance.

ct_krogen
June 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
i used ichat last night and it worked make sure of yuo use a firewall to let trainz have full acess to the net

Thule_P
June 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah, it's working for the moment. I'll keep you posted.

ct_krogen
June 22nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
well the sever will go up & down,,,,,

Thule_P
December 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I think the server's gone down again, I can't seem to get my iChat to work in either '06 0r '10. When would the server be back up?

JIb228
December 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
The servers are in fact down. Check in the Announcements forum, they will post there when the servers are back up.

Thule_P
December 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks, I hope they're back up soon.