PDA

View Full Version : RRMods pic contest

thebomb
February 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
hello everyone i'm posting a friendly contest for the best freeware and payware loco,rolling stock and routes pic from RRMODS
it will start from Mon Feb 21 to the 28
voting will be starting after the 28 so get
starting today:D

chunkpowers
February 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Is this an actual RRMODS sanctioned contest or to just see the best pic of RRMODS equiptment?

thebomb
February 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
BOTH chuck
:)

evan123
February 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Is this an actual RRMODS sanctioned contest or to just see the best pic of RRMODS equiptment?

This is NOT a sanctioned RRmods event, we don't know who this person is.

evan123
February 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM
And for the sake of content, I give you this. I call it: "The Bucket on a Bench"

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb286/evanissoccer/evan123_20110221_0005.jpg

thebomb
February 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
FINE ILL CHANGE IT GEEZ

thebomb
February 21st, 2011, 02:02 PM
THE compention is about all the fallen flags of N.America
their are you happy now

evan123
February 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
I GUN WIN :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::h ehe:

jadebullet
February 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
THE compention is about all the fallen flags of N.America
their are you happy now

No. We already have a screen of the week. I suggest you post there if you want to post screenshots. If there is no RRmods support then this thread is redundant.

UP4021
February 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
Well darn. I was going to go for that bucket on a bench.
:'(

mikelj001
February 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hey Guy I am RRMODS and this is news to me .We have no such contest running right now . mikelj001 RRMODS Project. Administrator

Euphod
February 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM
Usually I don't vote for screens without textures, but that "Bucket on a Bench" is very impressive! Well done.

Now, not to ruffle feathers or anything but why can't just anybody start a screenshot competition thread, based on the subject of their choice? Obviously they shouldn't claim it's sanctioned by anyone if it's not, but I think they have a right to post the challenge.

Participation will tell the rest of the story, and I think we pretty much can predict how that will go.

Carfreak4
February 21st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Don't post threads that break the law. Mods, please lock this thread before this gets hairy.

jadebullet
February 21st, 2011, 11:03 PM
Euphod, it is the same reason why "Screens of state" threads tend to die off. It is best to consolidate. Also, one competition tends to become the popular competition, and the others tend not to have too many entries. (Compare the JR screenshot comp to screen of the week last week.)

Euphod
February 21st, 2011, 11:21 PM
I'm not disagreeing with your logic, and yes, it is better to consolidate. I just think that the lack of participation will determine the success, or lack of, and the practice wouldn't go very far. It just doesn't seem right to categorically deny someone the right to start a screenshot thread, just because someone else is running one.

sethmcs
February 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
How about this one.:hehe: http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/sethmcs/Southfork15.jpg

AndrewLummis_99
February 22nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
Do people even ask to do this first of all i am Confused :confused:

Zorronov
February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Usually I don't vote for screens without textures, but that "Bucket on a Bench" is very impressive! Well done.

Now, not to ruffle feathers or anything but why can't just anybody start a screenshot competition thread, based on the subject of their choice? Obviously they shouldn't claim it's sanctioned by anyone if it's not, but I think they have a right to post the challenge.

Participation will tell the rest of the story, and I think we pretty much can predict how that will go.

I agree, Ed. Newbies to the forum don't really have any idea about what's going on here. Some, in their initial enthusiasm, will notice that there is a thread about this topic or that topic, and will want to jump in and start a new thread on a similar topic, thinking that they will be participating, will be accepted, and get some attention. What's wrong with that?

Claiming that it's sanctioned by a group that they have nothing to do with is, of course, a no no. But I think that's probably due to a lack of experience. Big deal! Let the thread run it's course. Don't discourage others from taking chances. I've always taken them...:D

Cheers,
Fred

evan123
February 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
I agree, Ed. Newbies to the forum don't really have any idea about what's going on here. Some, in their initial enthusiasm, will notice that there is a thread about this topic or that topic, and will want to jump in and start a new thread on a similar topic, thinking that they will be participating, will be accepted, and get some attention. What's wrong with that?

Claiming that it's sanctioned by a group that they have nothing to do with is, of course, a no no. But I think that's probably due to a lack of experience. Big deal! Let the thread run it's course. Don't discourage others from taking chances. I've always taken them...:D

Cheers,
Fred

I think they should just go join USLW, that way everyone is happy.

Euphod
February 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
I agree, Ed.

Wow, someone agrees with me, thanks!

I guess they could go join somewhere else, but how would that solve this problem?

thebomb
February 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
I agree with euphod and fred anyone can post a picture contest of any group
because their will be promotion to get stuff off the website.

But most members are being so noobish that their is only to be 1 forum about picture contest.

SO I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY
GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

regeats
Thebomb

jadebullet
February 23rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I have to say that I agree with what you are saying Ed and Fred. I have to say that I over reacted a bit, mainly because I have been slightly stressing over trying to be successful at running the normal competition.

I also have to say that I misunderstood the intention of this thread, as did a lot of people it seems. I thought that it was a contest thread where you would get RRmods payware if you won, like how the JR one was. I think when you have a contest that is based on a specific payware provider, this is the assumption. Thus, when I saw that the RRmods people come on here and show their confusion I assumed that something REALLY derpy was going on.

Oh, and Evan123, just wondering, what is that supposed to mean. I am not sure if it is meant to be insulting, or a suggestion, or what it is. Forgive my confusion.

evan123
February 23rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Oh, and Evan123, just wondering, what is that supposed to mean. I am not sure if it is meant to be insulting, or a suggestion, or what it is. Forgive my confusion.

It was a positive gesture, USLW could use some young bright kiddos to live'n up the mood over there!

Zorronov
February 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
It was a positive gesture, USLW could use some young bright kiddos to live'n up the mood over there!

Charming...

Cheers,
Fred

illinoiscentral
February 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Euphod, it is the same reason why "Screens of state" threads tend to die off. It is best to consolidate. Also, one competition tends to become the popular competition, and the others tend not to have too many entries. (Compare the JR screenshot comp to screen of the week last week.)

Normally I don't disagree with you Jade, but the only reason so many people entered JR's contest was because there is a crap load of prizes involved.
It's like a pack of dogs trying to get a dead rabbit. They flock it.

Cheers,
Woody

illinoiscentral
February 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
I agree with euphod and fred anyone can post a picture contest of any group
because their will be promotion to get stuff off the website.

But most members are being so noobish that their is only to be 1 forum about picture contest.

SO I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY
GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

regeats
Thebomb
Missed this one...my mistake.
Let me ask you "thebomb"...who here is being noobish? How about, um, yourself?
The real issue here, is every day countless, useless threads are posted taking up valuable internet space and bandwidth. Threads that are stored pages back eventually, because they last no longer than a few days. Why? There's no point in the post/thread. Its useless, no one reads it or cares about it. I learned the hard way, believe me. Don't post, what doesn't need to be posted!
You don't care what we say?
Great! Because I don't care what you say either...

Cheerio,
Woody

evan123
February 24th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Charming...

Cheers,
Fred

Glad you think so Fred...

22alpha
February 24th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Charming...

Cheers,
Fred

Haters are gonna hate. LOL!

Mike

evan123
February 24th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Haters are gonna hate. LOL!

Mike

People please.. I was not "HATIN" on anyone.

thebomb
February 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
EVEN'S THE HATER!!!!!!!!!

jacksonbarno
February 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
EVEN'S THE HATER!!!!!!!!!
Dude, chill...................:confused::confused::confu sed::(:(:'(:'(:'(:'(
you made me cry cause you yelled.....

jadebullet
February 24th, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://svg.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_16148.jpg

Steveo241
February 24th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Is there any way I can get a 5' by 5' of Bucket on a Bench? Stunning composure, Railpictures.net material right there.

Thanks, Evan!

Steve

simulatortrain
February 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
This made my day. Thanks guys!

skullsk8er
February 24th, 2011, 10:48 PM
The thread is just bursting with fail. I am entertained.

Please continue.

tyard
February 24th, 2011, 11:26 PM
No disrespect meant to anyone here guys, but skulls said it right, this is bursting with fail, and it really is a waste of forum space. I think it should probably be closed, so that it can at least just fade into the deep depths of the forum.

Now, thebomb, you are of course free to open a new thread, if you can think of a valid topic. You are not free to falsely claim sponsorship from a website, or anything like that. As well, please try to act a little more mature. Caps lock does represent yelling in probably 99% of the online world, these forums included. Plus, your attitude will not be well received. I grant you that maybe some people came down on you a tad hard, but that doesn't mean you should respond in such an immature manor.

To everyone else, it was all good, well deserved humor (awesome work on that bucket on a bench by the way). All I'm saying is that this is another thread clogging the forums, that really shouldn't be at this point.

So, to any mods, I would say this thread has reached it's closing time.

And to everyone else, sorry to (try) to end your fun here. But, as this is a Trainz forum, I'm sure we all can seek more entertainment in game.

Kiwi_Rail
February 25th, 2011, 03:56 PM
a waste of forum space.

And that differs from this entire forum how?

evan123
February 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Is there any way I can get a 5' by 5' of Bucket on a Bench? Stunning composure, Railpictures.net material right there.

Thanks, Evan!

Steve

Yeah Steve It'll be up on rp.net soon here.

tyard
February 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
And that differs from this entire forum how?

Hehe not saying it differs from any other crap all over this forum. But it might as well be kept down when it can.