PDA

View Full Version : Updating Trainz Asset Database

dricketts
February 16th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I just started having issues with 2009.

After launching Trainz the start screen comes up, I select start and the screen goes black which is typical for a second or two. But lately 50% of the time the game hangs on the black screen with no hard drive activity. I have to end the game in task manager.

Every time after this the game wants to do an "update trainz asset database." Which takes over an hour. I've tried the esc key to skip this step but I can not start the game again without it wanting to go through this long process.

Any ideas what's going on here and how to force Trainz to skip the "update trainz asset database?"

I'm using SP4.

Euphod
February 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Seems to me the database got hosed, and you won't be able to avoid an EDR. You can clear your internet cache folder and see if that helps, but I doubt it will solve your problem.

dricketts
February 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if a clean install would help? I have all my data backed up. I hope the backed up data is not corrupt.

Euphod
February 16th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if a clean install would help? I have all my data backed up. I hope the backed up data is not corrupt.

I wouldn't bother with that unless the EDR doesn't work.