PDA

View Full Version : Download Server Full

Nathan_Merryweather
February 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi,
For about 3 months now i have been un-able to download items via FTP or the CMP because it tells me the server is full.
I am not downloading anything else at this time and i never had this problem before, what can i do?

Napalm
February 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
If you don't have a FCT all you can do is keep retrying as the 'Free' download server is being used quite a lot at the moment.

Nathan

bartlett
February 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I am having the same issue, however has not been 3 months..would appreciate feedback in reference to the aggravation...

bartlett
February 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Many thanks Nathan....I do have a FCT, just have to keep plugging... cheers...

Napalm
February 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Many thanks Nathan....I do have a FCT, just have to keep plugging... cheers...

If you have an FCT you should not have any problems, try resetting your password in your profile (you can use the same password), close CMP and give it a good few minutes then restart and try again.

Nathan

raven71
February 12th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hi,
For about 3 months now i have been un-able to download items via FTP or the CMP because it tells me the server is full.
I am not downloading anything else at this time and i never had this problem before, what can i do?

KEEP PRESSING START AT THE DOWLOAND MANGER IT MIGHT TAKE A LITTLE TIME BUT IT WORKS!

OverlordNZ
February 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php

Good Luck...

Nathan_Merryweather
February 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
this is all starting to **** me off now.
Auran need to up their game a little in my opinion

clam1952
February 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Do you have an FCT?

If so there are dozens of posts on here telling you how to get it working, try looking in the DLS FCT forum which is where the answers will be.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=748126&postcount=3

Nathan_Merryweather
February 20th, 2011, 11:26 AM
i would rather not buy a FCT as i dont deem it a worthwhile spend of AUD$19.99 (what ever that is in GBP) call me scrooge but they already sold me the game and i have better things to spend that $19.99 on in all honesty.

ChugChug
February 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Got myself a brand spanking new puter, more power than I could possibly need.
Now, I thought, should I go for trainz 2010 or use my 2009 and put in all the patches and start again. Well, I went for 2009 again and boy, am I glad I didnt waste money on 2010. After setting everything up, I could not get one download to come in, my good lady asked if I would like an FCT, which I had earlier, I told Ive never in all the years from 2004 onward, had any problems. Months later, Im still getting the same message at the bottom of CM. So Ive come to the conclusion that Auran dont care one way or the other as long as twats like me keep paying up. Well, enoughs, enough, Ive taken Trainz off the computer and waved goodbye to what WAS a good game and a good company.:(
Finally, Id like to say a fond farewell to all of you modders out there, thank YOU for making trainz what it was.

Bye:wave:

lorenw
February 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
And.............. Another one bites the dust !

shaneturner12
February 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
In my opinion, too many people are expecting to get the content they want for just the price paid for the software (a one off payment, in other words)

If everyone did this, where do people think the money will come from to finance the servers? Remember, there are several thousand assets on there, and the servers have monthly costs for their upkeep, and have a limit on how many people can access it at the same time (this is the case for most servers).

I'm not trying to aggravate people, or force people to buy FCTs, but I would like people to consider my opinion, as I see it as a valid one where financing is concerned.

Remember, the other option may be that people will see a lot of advertising on the free server, in order to keep it free (or possibly a queueing system, which means some people may have to wait for hours anyway)

Shane

Euphod
February 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Free is nice, to the consumer, but rarely does it come without a price to be paid by someone, somewhere.

shaneturner12
February 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Exactly my point - servers do not come cheap (especially business ones).

Also, there is always going to be a limit, otherwise the server would crash, and then where would we be?

Shane

clam1952
February 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
i would rather not buy a FCT as i dont deem it a worthwhile spend of AUD$19.99 (what ever that is in GBP) call me scrooge but they already sold me the game and i have better things to spend that $19.99 on in all honesty.

12.50 or thereabouts.

BRClass66
February 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
sorry sent it twice

BRClass66
February 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Hi,
I bought trainz 2009..2010 as when i was given this computer it had both on here but no serial and no box..played it for a month and was hooked.. i then bought a year fct for $19.99 = 12.50 and i think ive got my money back after 2 weeks of downloading and the instant help ive got from members of forum . but ive started trainz at a point where ive had to buy a fct ticket where others have spent years downloading for free....so why not buy a ticket to download now
( but this is just my opinion as a newbie to the joy of trainz)

brad

OverlordNZ
February 20th, 2011, 08:12 PM

Well, than put up with dealing with the 'free' service and don't whine about it.

Cheers