PDA

View Full Version : Diesel electric shunting engines

old_bill
February 12th, 2011, 01:37 AM
I cannot find a shunting engine for my UK based layout so I am currently using a Renfe 303 350 hp model - it does not look right in my layout though.
There used to be some good models by Pikkabird some years or so ago but they all have missing bits so don't work in 2009/10 - has anyone out there in Trainzland any suggestions as I dont have the skills necessary to create my own?
Many thanks - Trainz can become a way of life - too serious to be a game and not serious enought to be a profession!
Old Bill up before the lark again!

barn700
February 12th, 2011, 02:14 AM
hi Bill (I am up early too)

I have a few diesel and diesel/electric shunters, check out the BR section of my website

fran1
February 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Bill, there are class 01/2/3/4/5/6/7 and should be 8+9. I'll have a dig and see where to get them from. Have a look at OBO's train catalogue, should get you started.

itareus
February 12th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Bill, there are class 01/2/3/4/5/6/7 and should be 8+9. I'll have a dig and see where to get them from. Have a look at OBO's train catalogue, should get you started.

A search of the the DLS for Author = "tmz06003" will get you lots.

gamerouche
February 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM
You may also like to check out Eldavo's site for UK Class 08 & 09 shunters.

http://www.eldavos.co.uk/

Gam :)

lewisner
February 12th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I used to use the RENFE shunters in my early days. If you look on the DLS for the new Class 14 it's quite happy to do a bit of shunting for you, besides looking very smart.

JCitron
February 12th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Paul Hobbs also makes some awesome diesel shunters as well.

John

NikkiA
February 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I used to use the RENFE shunters in my early days. If you look on the DLS for the new Class 14 it's quite happy to do a bit of shunting for you, besides looking very smart.

Ah, but it's not a diesel electric now, is it? :D

paulhobbs
February 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
The 14 is a diesel hydraulic, so that's ruled out (for some reason). All of my shunters have been updated by tmz06003 under his kuid for TS2009/2010 so get those instead of mine.

There's a Maunsell shunter that is diesel electric and looks a bit like an 08 on the DLS I believe.

Paul

old_bill
February 13th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Following some many hours of frustration over the last few days I think that the problem I have with shunters is because my TR2009 is installed badly. I was using TR2009 as TR2010 does not give me the performance I want on my PC (speedtrees I think) and I got a smoother picture on TR2009.
I will be reinstalling TR2009 when I have a few hours (days) to spare, it took me ages last time. Should have been obvious as I keep getting the "reported a problem do you want to send a report" to a non-existing e-mail... but it still loads and shuts down OK if I say No!

Many :( early mornings ahead!

JCitron
February 13th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Following some many hours of frustration over the last few days I think that the problem I have with shunters is because my TR2009 is installed badly. I was using TR2009 as TR2010 does not give me the performance I want on my PC (speedtrees I think) and I got a smoother picture on TR2009.
I will be reinstalling TR2009 when I have a few hours (days) to spare, it took me ages last time. Should have been obvious as I keep getting the "reported a problem do you want to send a report" to a non-existing e-mail... but it still loads and shuts down OK if I say No!

Many :( early mornings ahead!

Bill,

With the latest patches in TS2010, I find the performance to be halfway decent, or at least halfway decent. ;)

Seriously though, go into the environment settings, with the latest patch, and disable the wind for the ST. This will definitely help the performance. I noticed there was a big difference without the wind blowing the branches and leaves around all the time.

John