PDA

View Full Version : Fright car forwarding?

JoshuaBNSFfan1984
January 25th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Good evening,
I was wondering if anybody has come up with a good way of moving railcars from yards to industry? I have had a few ideas but I just was wondering what anybody else has come up with.

cascaderailroad
January 25th, 2011, 01:31 AM
You can use a loco to push em' about ... or you could frighten them to scare them a going. :hehe:

Using the Advanced Edit you can edit your title to correct your speeling' of: "fright".

I guess you are talking about a car forwarding card system used on many model railroads ?

With AI you can set a "drive schedual" for a consist or loco, to uncouple/couple/load/unload/runaround, to a consist or railcar.

I prefer moving them around, driving my loco in free roam.

Using the minimap, or "Find", you can find the railcars locations.

At a hump classification yard, the cars are sorted as empties/loads/incomming/outgoing, an are put in a specific trainorder, and location in the consist, to coincide with each industry progressively down the line.

A large freight yard has specific: through freight "run around" tracks, inbound receiving tracks, outbound departure tracks, preferance tracks, support tracks, outward tracks ... etc ...

On my HO trainset, I generally use my 0-5-0 sandwich clamp engine (hand) to push cars to and fro. :hehe:

Kennilworth
January 25th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Hi

I'm not sure of what you are looking for but read this thread as it may be of some use.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=51812

Regards

Brian

werntonb
February 20th, 2011, 12:14 AM
That's really an excellent work. And it really a useful thing. I will give it some try.

Dap
February 20th, 2011, 12:50 AM
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=63006

The above is the forum post where I announced my latest version. There are several demo routes on the DLS for those that would like to explore this powerful tool for simulating prototype operations.

<KUID:32711:1067> CMTM Freight House is a simple route with no scenery and a session that lets you experience having every car on the route and every car that arrives on the route via a portal have a series of destinations. Uses all built-in assets. All the freight cars are identical, except for their destinations. Give it a try.

I also use pguy's Rules listed below. These are not built in and did not show up as dependencies because when I created the route/session, I did not know they needed to be manually added to the session kuid-table.

QuickDrive rule v2,<kuid2:61392:5001:5>
Quick Portal Manager v3,<kuid2:61392:5012:8>
Quick SessionVars V2,<kuid2:61392:5003:3>
ConsistDataHandler rule v2,<kuid2:61392:5002:4>

Consist - CMTM Demo1,<kuid:32711:1078> does not show up on the DLS. Not sure why. If it does not show up in the session, just put together a train- any engine and four of the CN boxcars used in the session. Save it as consist CMTM Demo1. Then open QuickPortalManager3 and make sure it is listed for PortalChicago.
Session Goal - Service the Freight House.

David

PS: Guess I should update this demo now that I have learned that some dependancies need to be manaually entered into the kuid-table.

Dap
March 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
The Demo route has been revised and is available on the DLS.

CMTM Freight House, KUID2:32711:1067:1