PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Silly Question #4

Kaskades
January 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hey all, new TS2010 owner here and I was wondering if someone could tell me how you prevent freight cars from moving after you uncouple them from the Engine?

I am doing a scenario in which tracks are on a slight incline and after I decouple to move the engines around to grab the cars from the other end they start to move on their own due to gravity. For the life of me I cannot figure out how you set the brakes on the cars by themselves so the behave themselves and don't move.

Signed,
Silly newbie

Mariksio
January 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Apply Train Brake (A Button or on some locomotives 6+A) it is the big handle and small is locomotive brake

Kaskades
January 12th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Apply Train Brake (A Button or on some locomotives 6+A) it is the big handle and small is locomotive brake

Ah, so I set train brake, decouple the engines, and the train brake will remain set on the freight cars even after I release it so the engine will move?

Skrogsgorks
January 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Ah, so I set train brake, decouple the engines, and the train brake will remain set on the freight cars even after I release it so the engine will move?

Exactly. You come to a stop, set train brake, decouple. When you release the train brake, you are no longer attached to the cars so the release does not affect them, only the loco.

rweber95
January 12th, 2011, 03:02 PM
You don't have to release it to move the loco. Press A, Ctrl D and point to where you want to decouple, the loco and any attached cars will release their brakes when you start the loco moving.

Bob

scallahantrainz
January 12th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I had that same brake thingy happen to me for the first time the other day when I finished the session that goes over Lookout Pass (Avery -Drexel?) and then back again. I decided to park the freight cars on a siding and then started to drive down the track a bit, just playing around. Then I noticed the cars a couple of minutes later happily rolling down the track. Yipes! I quickly saved the day. Probably would have gotten a good scolding for that in real-life. Kept me amused for a bit. :D

Steve-o