PDA

View Full Version : New User

Bronco_6
December 4th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Alright now. I am a new user with a high speed computer *less than 1 month old) and plenty of memory, who can explain the following to me?

1, Why does the screen resolution expectedly change in the middle of a session with no known input from me? I am playing the game and along comes a resolution change. :confused:

2. With the resolution change, the mouse now no longer tracks on its target. I have figured out a work around by holding off on the target, sort of like aiming a weapon whose sights are off. :(

3. Keyboard commands work fine occasionally. But the mouse in cab control is less reliable and sometimes non-operative. For example, I cannot get the brake or the keyboard command in Tutorial Four to function in the diesel cab.:eek:

4. In Surveyor, I have saved the route and then reopened it and there are considerable elements missing in the route brought up. :'(

For a relatively expensive program, this sort of glitches are disappointing, to say the least.

A disappointed new user.
Bronco_6

WindWalkr
December 4th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Hi Bronco_6,

You don't mention which version of our product you are using, but a lot of these sound like old bugs that have been patched. I'd suggest that you do three things:

* Register your product's CD KEY with your Planet Auran profile.
* Install the latest patches available for your product version.
* Contact Helpdesk if you continue to have problems after patching.

kind regards,

chris

Bronco_6
December 4th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Sir:

I have a brand new system with a quad core processor, and a ton of memory. I have the newest Trainz 2010 software package.

Both the software and the system are barely a month old. Are you saying that the software I just received is not the latest build? If so, that would be pretty disappointing.

How about a link to the latest patch for TRAINZ 2010? so I don't have to stumble around the forum looking or it amongst the thousands of threads? Your assistance would be appreciated.

Bronco_6

Euphod
December 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome Bronco, why don't you register your game so you have access to the DLS and all the updates? What version of 2010 is your game?

WindWalkr
December 4th, 2010, 11:16 PM
How about a link to the latest patch for TRAINZ 2010? so I don't have to stumble around the forum looking or it amongst the thousands of threads? Your assistance would be appreciated.

That's easy enough to arrange, but as Euphod mentions, we would appreciate it if you could register your product with your Planet Auran profile first, as this will allow you access to additional product forums. You can register your product here (https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php).

If you are having trouble with this process, please use the Helpdesk link at the top of this page.

kind regards,

chris

Bronco_6
December 5th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Welcome Bronco, why don't you register your game so you have access to the DLS and all the updates? What version of 2010 is your game?

Dear Euphod,

My copy of Traimz 2010 was registered the moment I load the Software and I have joined the Planet Auran forums. I have little tolerance for pirated software and have followed all of the procedures formregistering the game. I will follow Windwalkers suggestion s and check out the link and let you folks know the results. I have really looked forward to this program and really want to be successful in implementing the software.

(Edit - Sorry, Euphod. Didn't mean to ignore part of your post. Build No. 42203 purchased two weeks ago. :o )

Bronco

shaneturner12
December 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM
The latest patch for build 42203 is here (it will take you up to build 44088):

http://download.ts2009.com/patch/42203_to_44088.exe

If you have any issues with the patching process, post any errors here and someone should be able to help.

Shane

Bronco_6
December 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM
The latest patch for build 42203 is here (it will take you up to build 44088):

http://download.ts2009.com/patch/42203_to_44088.exe

If you have any issues with the patching process, post any errors here and someone should be able to help.

Shane

Shane,

Thanks for the helper service! (Is that a good train analogy?) :wave:

Bronco_6

shaneturner12
December 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Sounds good to me.

Remember, turn off your antivirus software during the patch, and if you get any errors during the patch, post them here.

Another thing - the patch may appear to have stopped about halfway through - it has not stopped, simply leave it to complete (and for goodness, don't click Cancel) - it may take a few hours to patch.

Shane

Bronco_6
December 5th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Will do. Patching now. Will let you know of the results.

Bronco_6

fran1
December 5th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Quote shane, (and for goodness, don't click Cancel) -

I second that, the amount of people who have and then complain.

Bronco_6
December 5th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Patch is complete. Zero errors and 0 warnings. Now to get to some layout work. I'll report later in the week. (It is good to be retired,even if a car had to run me over to get here.)

Bronco_6

Euphod
December 5th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Glad you got it sorted out, I had to do a little searching myself to find the links for the patches, but I did so that I could refer you when you posted your version. Trainz is a fine way to fill up hours and hours of retirement, and there's plenty of helpful folks here if you have a question...enjoy and good luck!:)