PDA

View Full Version : SCS2006 - Use Of Signals?

boleyd
November 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Does SCS2006 solely rely on its "permit system" and ignores the state, or absence of a Trainz signal?

Kennilworth
November 15th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hi

SCS2006 obeys signals as normal but gives you the option of using the Trainz signalling rules or SCS2006s own signalling system. I used the SCS2006 signalling in TRS2006 but have used the Trainz system since it was improved from TC3 onwards.

It makes it simple to control signals by forcing them to stay at a particular aspect (red, yellow, green or automatic) which makes it easy to couple up to a consist when the loco has to pass a signal for example. This only works with signals which are not scripted. Bloodnoks UK signals are scripted to check ahead every few seconds and update themselves which will over ride the SCS2006 setting. I generally use older signals in areas such as yards and stations where I know I may need to control the signals at times.

The permit system is quite effective and the consist will take all permits between the junctions at each end of a path which I have found useful for controlling access to single line sections. The consist will not pass a signal at red though irrespective of whether it holds the permits for the section or not.

Regards

Brian