PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Terrain for Trainz (Brittan)

hadagab
November 4th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Hey all Trainz owners,

Today I was learning how to use the surveyor in Trainz( the oldest one) and I managed to make you all a little something something.

Presenting the fully electrified terrain Brittan :cool: now with the option of having your electric locomotives in use without having to fake the fact that there are wires over your head. Now you will be able to enjoy more of Trainz, hope you guys like it.

Download from here: http://narrowgaugetrainz.com/route_4.html (http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php)

THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED TO FINAL ON 19/11.2010

wholbr
November 4th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hi There
If this is new content as you suggest why not upload it to the DLS where all Trainz fans could easily access it, rather than placing it on a commercial website where people have to register and divulge information that could be passed on to? "who knows"

Please explain for the benefit of the forum
with thanks
Bill

HiBaller
November 4th, 2010, 02:48 PM
He said he made it for Trainz (the oldest one) and Auran has shut off the DLS for uploading anything that old. That's probably why.

@Hadagab: Mediafile is probably the very worst site you could have picked to host your file. I got THREE blocked pop-ups and a blocked pop-under from that site just for landing on it. There are all sorts of floating banners asking me to upgrade this and that, plus a lot of flash-video jumping up and down for attention. And, as Bill says, you can't download unless an account is created.

I'd be happy to host it for you, but be advised that the original Trainz is VERY old.

Bill

wholbr
November 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hi Bill And everybody.
Thanks for the reminder that older versions of Trainz are not supported on the DLS anymore. However, that begs the question why has the poster gone to the trouble of creating new content for such an old version.

As Bill states the website it is posted on definitely has the whiff of " strangeness" about it with all sorts of pop-ups and high video advertising of any number of products which do not seem to bear any relationship to any core product.

My feeling is that this is one to stay away from unless the original poster can explain his actions more thoroughly.

Bill (Bill 2 in this case)

hadagab
November 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM
He said he made it for Trainz (the oldest one) and Auran has shut off the DLS for uploading anything that old. That's probably why.

@Hadagab: Mediafile is probably the very worst site you could have picked to host your file. I got THREE blocked pop-ups and a blocked pop-under from that site just for landing on it. There are all sorts of floating banners asking me to upgrade this and that, plus a lot of flash-video jumping up and down for attention. And, as Bill says, you can't download unless an account is created.

I'd be happy to host it for you, but be advised that the original Trainz is VERY old.

Bill

That would be great if you could, sure :) what do I need to do?

hadagab
November 4th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Hi Bill And everybody.
Thanks for the reminder that older versions of Trainz are not supported on the DLS anymore. However, that begs the question why has the poster gone to the trouble of creating new content for such an old version.

As Bill states the website it is posted on definitely has the whiff of " strangeness" about it with all sorts of pop-ups and high video advertising of any number of products which do not seem to bear any relationship to any core product.

My feeling is that this is one to stay away from unless the original poster can explain his actions more thoroughly.

Bill (Bill 2 in this case)

Trainz basically is where it all started for the first time, it's so old that the rolling stock don't even have moving wheels, but I think It deserves a bit of a dust off for thoes members who still have it and to show everybody that the tree root from where it all began it's still good

hadagab
November 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hi There
If this is new content as you suggest why not upload it to the DLS where all Trainz fans could easily access it, rather than placing it on a commercial website where people have to register and divulge information that could be passed on to? "who knows"

Please explain for the benefit of the forum
with thanks
Bill

My first option was DLS but not after I was keep getting that message saying:

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (trainz) isn't associated with any program."

So, I though many more people would get this problem and would not be able to access the file, maybe even become frustrated trying to fix it.So the form, where most train simmers are would be just 1 click away from accessing the file, then again now media fire was the easiest option available at the time

HiBaller
November 4th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Firefox is telling you that it doesn't know what program to use to access CDP files that you get from the DLS. The best way to get content is to use the 'download using FTP' option, save the file to your hard drive, and access it that way. Much easier.

Bill

hadagab
November 4th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Ahh, this looks like it opens a few doors.

Good news, today I was working on the route and made improvements to the wiring around the track as well as added in a new station (diesel locomotives only), so I will look around and turn this little route into home sweet home. This time I will put it in DLS :P

hadagab
November 5th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Heya HiBaller,

I got your mail, and I will make a nice package with the photos and the latest update I have of the custom route, I will post is today soon-ish :)

HiBaller
November 5th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Got it this morning. I'll get back to you, Gabe.

Bill

misterchugg
November 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM
hi all

i use the maximum adblock free from firefox addpons

since i started to use it i don't get any pop-unders or anything
cheers
ron

hadagab
November 6th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Ok it's all done, http://narrowgaugetrainz.com/routesavailable.html, tell your friends, family and neighbors :wave:

Thanks to HiBaller for your help putting it there:p. It's not much the game is old but good news is some of us still enjoy it

hadagab
November 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Hey guys, I have an update , and hoping It Will be the final one. So it will be straight forward, just like last time overwrite the folder with this one.
Here's a scoop of what you will be noticing:

Added another station
More green and nature
Remodeled Land to give you more of the countryside feel
Fixed any bumps or unevenly placed overhead wires
Dirt Road along the track in an area with cars driving so you wont get bored while on tracks

So remember to cruise around since this route is small so you will get the most out of it

misterchugg
November 12th, 2010, 04:04 PM
hi mate

a somewhat dumb question

in the latest update 2010 it will wont commit an asset that's already in

is there a way that i can make it do this?
thanks
ron

HiBaller
November 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Couldn't say for sure why not. Might try asking in the 2010 panel.

Bill

hadagab
November 17th, 2010, 02:18 AM
*UPDATE* 17/11/2010

Right, so the modifications to this route are almost complete. What I decided to do is to expand the route, so now you have more spawn places to choose from. I have left you all with a little challenge while driving on the route, keep alert and drive with care. Which means that there are a few spots where are for diesel locomotives only, so you gotta watch out where you are heading, plus don't forget about the levers! :p

Today and tomorrow I will double check to seee if anything else needs to be tweaked at it will be ready.