PDA

View Full Version : buying trs06/trs10 for a christmas present for one of my family members

brakemen
October 23rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
hello:

I need to put this in early I want to buy trs06 and trs10 for one of my family members. they have a son and a daughter (their son and daughter are into trains). one for trs06 and the older one trs10. does auran shop still have trs06 available in a dvd version with the latest patch built into it. hope to buy it around thanksgiving so I could mail it after that. I know auran will have trs10 but is it stable enough with all the bugs out of the system. speed trees I'v been hearing about not functioning properly are they fixed also. I also also plan to buy this probely at the same time.

brakemen

flyingscotman1257
October 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
hello:

I need to put this in early I want to buy trs06 and trs10 for one of my family members. they have a son and a daughter (their son and daughter are into trains). one for trs06 and the older one trs10. does auran shop still have trs06 available in a dvd version with the latest patch built into it. hope to buy it around thanksgiving so I could mail it after that. I know auran will have trs10 but is it stable enough with all the bugs out of the system. speed trees I'v been hearing about not functioning properly are they fixed also. I also also plan to buy this probely at the same time.

brakemenHi brakemen

u could ask mike10 if he could give u a copy of trainz 06 :)

Michael

tomurban
October 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
hello:

brakemen

06 is no longer supported by Auran. 09 is available (New Boxed DVD) version on ebay for approximately $30.00 (US). They will need fairly decent computers to run TRAINZ without a lot of frustration.

tomurban

itareus
October 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Brakemen,

Check out this link (there are 2 pages):

http://www.auran.com/auran/store/index.php?p=50&page=2&group=1&sort=2

You a have few possible options for TS2006 and other versions - but as Tomurban said, TS2006 (and all versions earlier that TC3) are no longer supported. The main impact of this (for the youngsters) could be that the TS2010 user will be able to download content from the DLS and the TS2006 user will not - I can forsee trouble:hehe:

TS2010 (SP3) is, in my experience, very stable and the speedtrees are working OK now that Auran have built in a wind speed control!

TS2009/10 put more load on the computer's graphics card than earlier versions like 2006 so the PC requirement is higher in this respect. Minimum specs for each version can be found on the Auran website (with a bit of searching).

Beware if buying Trainz from third parties via the internet. They may be a little cheaper but some versions require the CD inserted all the time and secondhand versions may well have been already registered.

Alco_P-A
October 24th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Besides the Auran store,if your looking for Trainz in the USA I have several versions to choose from. Take a look at my site.... bigboytrainsandhobbies.com
:) Alco_P-A