PDA

View Full Version : Missing program??? to download

skipmil
October 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
:confused: I have Trainz 2010... I go to Download Station (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php) and after selecting an item to download I click on Download (Helper) and I get a message

'The Webpage Cannot Be Displayed'
Most likely cause:

Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.HELP:( What do I do...
I can download in the content in the Trainz Sim 2010

Thank you in advance...
John

bchester
October 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hello John,

When using 2010, it is best to use Content Manager to perform the downloads. Admittedly, using the web site should spawn the trainz downloader so there is likely a problem with how cdp's are configured (or in this case not configured) to be associated with the downloader.

Perhaps some one can help with setting up the association, but I really I recommend CM since it will search out the dependencies if available

Bricey

EDit: If you are trying to download from other sites than the DLS, right click on the file link and select save as and place the cdp in a folder of your choice, open cm and select import and open the cdp file - you will likely have missing dependencies this way, but sometimes they are all included in the packs - it's hit and miss!

skipmil
October 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info...

leachy
November 4th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Sorry for late reply but I just stumbled over the answer to your problem, I think.
See this thread, Post #8 by EdrickV (currently at bottom of page 1).
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=50501&highlight=restore+association

It relates to windows not knowing how to handle the URL: trainz:// protocol so your web browser doesn't know what to do when you click the link.

This stuff is usually setup by the trainz install program.

Hope it helps.

Jananton
November 4th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hello John,

This can happen on windows 7 and or Vista. You need to run the CMP once as admin to let it register itself as application known to IE8. Go to your trainz bin folder and rightclick on the application ContentManager.exe. From the popup menu choose "run as administrator".
After doing this the download helper link from the DLS will work as expected on future occations.

Hope this helps.:)

Greetings from overcast Amsterdam,

Jan