PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Tilting Train wanted for 2010

harvan75
September 1st, 2010, 12:50 AM
Can anyone recommend a diesel powered high speed tilting train that actually tilts and will run in 2010?

I loved the VT 605 ICE in 2006 but because it is inbuilt I can't get it into 2010.

Andrew

paulzmay
September 1st, 2010, 12:52 AM
Isn't it in TS2010 already? Have you found the favourites filter and switched it off?

Paul

ShadyCadence
September 1st, 2010, 06:58 AM
paulzmay- I just checked, and it isn't.

harvan75- Have you tried cloning it, then importing?

paulzmay
September 1st, 2010, 08:17 AM
It lists as built-in in my CM lists. However, in TS2010, at least, it's locked against editing and cloning. I'm pretty certain that the only reason you can't see it is that it's hidden by the (really stupid) favourites feature.

Paul

wholbr
September 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Andrew and Everybody.
There is a payware Virgin pendolino ( I think that's the way it's spelled) which actually tilts on the railwaves site. I Bought quite a lot of their stuff lately I'm found it to be excellent.

I have the Virgin 220 from the site, but have not bought the pendolino as yet as I'm still building the modern version of my North Devon Route.

Railwaves prices are very reasonable and everything is downloadable with up to three downloads for every purchase.

Hope this helps
Bill

Blundyboy
September 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Railwaves do not sell a Pendolino, only Voyagers (220s) and Super Voyagers(221s). You must be referring to jivebunny's Pendolino, which is no longer available.

The Pendolino is also electric, and the Super Voyagers are diesel and also tilt.

wholbr
September 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi There
that's right it is a super Voyager, sorry for the mistake. However, I have just taken this off the railwaves site

Super Voyager Class 221 - 5 vehicles (DMSL, MS(A), MS(B)1, MS(B)2, DMF)

"TASS Train Tilting System. Tilting visible from train exterior and within cab (Class 221 only)
Tilting system activated from 3 trackside TASS triggers (for Class 221 )
Animated tilting hydraulics between vehicle bodies and bogies (Class 221 only)
Animated passenger doors (at passenger enabled stations) and passenger compatibility
Custom Cabs"

Hope this fits

Bill

harvan75
September 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Woops - I'd been searching the VT 605 under ICE. Not very bright. You can't clone it in 2006 either.

Thanks Bill - I'll purchase the Voyager this weekend. It sounds just what I want. And even more so if I'm able to reskin it for purely personal use. :D

Andrew