PDA

View Full Version : Sydney to gosford route lost about 4 weeks

steve123
August 27th, 2010, 12:59 AM
After yesterday downloading and installing Settle and Carlisle and
Murchison 2 into ts 2010 which already had sp3 and the blue comet installed ,my computer started blue screening a few minutes into the game in surveyer,well this went on and on ,so i did a database fix which the computer had already done after installing the new addons,went to go into my Sydney to Gosford route to find that the route name was there but not the session,
so after going to my recycle bin and restore all files i can to the understanding the my route was gone ,,,,,,,O JOY ,
i was going to upload this route in three days for fathers day ,,,not now ,,,
so now i have reformated my computer and have installed ts 2010 and am half way through installing update 41615 to 43434 then i will install my local saved folder and my sydney to gosford archived folder from about a month ago,my wife said to me suck it up boy suck it up its only a game, as my eyes rolled back into my eye sockets she understood it was no time for jokes
the morel to this is **** happens
someone get me a beer please.
regards steve

paul502
August 27th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Had something similar happen to me, you could have tried "revert to original" in CMP, but the best advice is to ALWAYS back up your work, then the worst that can happen is a few days work lost

seeseeme
August 27th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Sorry to hear that Steve, not good news at all.

Craig
:(:(:(

steve123
August 27th, 2010, 01:28 AM
normally i do back it up, installing archine now

clam1952
August 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
normally i do back it up, installing archine now

Probably too late now but on the couple of occasions things have disappeared, I found them in the trash folder, just dragging it back to CM solved the problem.

I suspect this was in my case a result of not waiting until that Tadaemon had finished doing it's thing before switching off.
I have had the thing permanently visible now for a couple of months and don't switch off until it's gone and have had very few problems.

steve123
August 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
i searched hi and low for the session and it was know where to be found, how i did that ill never know,but all is good now ,while the rugby league was on last night i installed my local folder, so i did loose about 3 to 4 weeks worth of work or creation ,after i have commited all my local folder i will reinstall all service packs and addons ,i really want this route to be one of the greats so please be patient.
regards steve

steve123
August 27th, 2010, 07:54 PM
All back up and running ,just 3 to 4 weeks behind ,its all good could have been worse.
steve

seeseeme
August 27th, 2010, 08:27 PM
All back up and running ,just 3 to 4 weeks behind ,its all good could have been worse.
steve
That is good news Steve and as you say it could have been worse.

You never know but you may actually improve on your last 3-4 weeks work, many others (including me) have.

Craig
:):):)

Forest_Runner
August 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Very sorry to hear Steve. Been there... done that.

I back up after EVERY Surveyor session. I save a cdp to another drive as well as a flashstick.

Paranoid??... yes absolutely, but it takes all of 30 seconds and I lose nought.