PDA

View Full Version : Trainz 2006 CMP Problems

alexl102
August 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hi, newbie here.

I bought TRS 2006 just over 2 weeks ago, and am having the classic 'CMP crashed when opened' issue which seems to be a fairly common problem from what I've seen. I've checked out a few forum threads but none of them give a very clear answer as to what to do about it.

Also, the game refuses to run in OpenGL mode- the message says something about it not being able to communicate with the game? Does OpenGL have to be downloaded? I think I've used it for GoogleEarth, but that may have been before the pc was formatted.

I'd really appreciate some help with these issues, if anyone can provide any. As you can probably tell, I'm not to familiar with the workings of trainz.

Oh, one last thing- the drivers are all up to date according to nvidia's website.

Thanks!

rweber95
August 18th, 2010, 09:33 PM
CMP requires OpenGL to operate. You must pass the OpenGL tests in TrainzDiag.exe. The game may not run in OpenGL but that is irrelevant. OpenGL has to pass TrainzDiag for CMP to work.

Bob

ct_krogen
August 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM
then you might need to update open g-l

alexl102
August 19th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Rrrright. If it doesn't pass the test at the beginning, how do I remedy that? & @ct_krogen, how do I do this please?

Thank you for the help so far, guys.

rweber95
August 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Go to the support web page of your video card manufacturer and get the latest version. If you still have problems post the brand of your video card and the version of its driver and maybe one of us can help.

Bob

alexl102
August 19th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I went to the nvidia website and got them to check the drivers, it said it's up to date.

It's a Radeon 9200SE Family... about 5 years old.