PDA

View Full Version : Content Manager

glenrennie
August 15th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi all, another few questions for those in the know.

I have started exploring the content manager and have a few questions.....

The 'Missing Dependencies' tab - How do you know what is missing from the listed items and how to fix it?

The 'Out of Date' tab - What is it for?

The 'Obsolete' status icon - If it's obsolete why is it in my list and does this mean that a layout which included this item will not work?

Cheers - Glen.

JCitron
August 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hi all, another few questions for those in the know.

I have started exploring the content manager and have a few questions.....

The 'Missing Dependencies' tab - How do you know what is missing from the listed items and how to fix it?

The 'Out of Date' tab - What is it for?

The 'Obsolete' status icon - If it's obsolete why is it in my list and does this mean that a layout which included this item will not work?

Cheers - Glen.

Hi Glen.

The missing dependencies tab shows what items are installed, but are missing other parts. These are such things as locomotives and railcars, and interactive industries.

Right mouse-button click on the asset with the yellow gear-thing, and choose dependent assets, or show dependencies, I can't recall offhand which is which without starting up my Trainz computer. Any way, either one of these will list the components that make up the asset.

Sometimes there are assets that didn't get downloaded from the DLS. The fix is simple. Drag the asset with the missing dependencies back into the DL queue. This will force the Conent Manager to go out and look again for the missing parts. This also works if the author had forgotten something on the first upload, and later put it up on the DLS.

The second issue, is something that isn't so easy to fix, and requires hunting around for missing bits and pieces. These are the KUIDs listed without a description. These are unknown to the program, but are listed in the config file as a dependency. In some cases, you can edit the config file and replace the missing KUID with a similar item. I've done that with horns and bells, which I think sound better than some that are used.

The obsolete status icon indicates that there is a newer version of an asset available. This I think checks the DLS as well, so the list can be deceiving. To show only assets on your hard drive, open the search panel and click + to add in location Local.

To see the asset versions available, right mouse-button click on view asset versions. This will list anything that is available. Click on view on main list, which is located at the bottom of the menu, to show the newer assets available.

The obsolete items will be replaced by the newer version that gets downloaded. You can most likely go back and delete the old ones from your computer once you see that everything is working properly. These items are replaced in the route by the version numbers in the KUID nunbers.

John

rweber95
August 15th, 2010, 11:04 PM
An obsolete kuid is a kuid whose number is listed in the obsolete-table of another kuid. If a an obsolete kuid is referenced in a route or session, that kuid will be replaced by the newer kuid. The obsolete kuid and its replacement will be totally different numbers.

An out of date kuid is a kuid that has been updated with a newer kuid. The newer kuid will be the same kuid number but with a different version number. The updated kuid will be of the form kuid2:zzzzzz:yyyyy:n

Bob

Ghost42
December 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
An obsolete kuid is a kuid whose number is listed in the obsolete-table of another kuid. If a an obsolete kuid is referenced in a route or session, that kuid will be replaced by the newer kuid. The obsolete kuid and its replacement will be totally different numbers.

An out of date kuid is a kuid that has been updated with a newer kuid. The newer kuid will be the same kuid number but with a different version number. The updated kuid will be of the form kuid2:zzzzzz:yyyyy:n

Bob
These posts are vital to dummies like myself! :)

I have a large list of "out of date" items that show 'update available', how do I procede from here?
Rog
TS2010

leeferr
December 10th, 2010, 01:34 PM
If I understand correctly, the updated content should be shown in the list of content. Just drag them to the download window and start the download.

shaneturner12
December 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
You can drag any items labelled as DS, Update Available or Missing Dependencies over to the Download Helper box, and Content Manager will either download the asset (DS icon assets), download an updated version (if there is one - Update available assets) or in the case of missing dependencies, it will attempt to download the missing dependencies if they are present on the download station.

Shane

Ghost42
December 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
You can drag any items labelled as DS, Update Available or Missing Dependencies over to the Download Helper box, and Content Manager will either download the asset (DS icon assets), download an updated version (if there is one - Update available assets) or in the case of missing dependencies, it will attempt to download the missing dependencies if they are present on the download station.

Shane

All clear now, thanks
Rog