PDA

View Full Version : Server Downtime

Spiffy
August 11th, 2010, 10:28 PM
We have had some issues over the last 24 hours which caused our server cluster to be unresponsive, we have now found the problem and are working on ways to rectify it. The majority of services are now up and running again however some services may be unavilable until we get this issue resolved.

The main services affected are as follows:
TS2010 Website
Addon Pack websites
some images used by our websites
The Trainz patching system (including manual patch files)
TrainzDev Wiki
online.ts2009.com site

We are working to get everything up and running again ASAP and we thank you for your patience.

boleyd
August 13th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I can't access the updates for 2010. Is this system still broken or do I have a local issue?

muraw
August 14th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Same here.

tsokira
August 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I was able to get the updates for my TS2010 from this site. Updating as we speak.

http://www.telefragged.com/games/5511/trainz-simulator-2010-engineers-edition/files

boleyd
August 15th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Big Thanks

ZecMurphy
August 15th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Good Morning All
I have just updated the list, since some sites were not listed (these are technically linked to some of the other listed sites, however most people wouldn't notice this).

We are getting closer to having the server back online, however I cannot give an ETA on when apart from soon(tm).

We do thank you for your patience whilst we work to get this sorted.

BachN4th
August 15th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Is this responsible for the extremely slow Digital Download of TRS2010 which I just purchased? I could almost* SWIM to Australia to get a boxed copy and swim back quicker than this download will take, lol.

* May be a slight exaggeration, hehe, but seriously it seems capped at 250k per second which seems ridiculously slow for downloading purchased software. From what I remember, DLS transfers for content are capped at a low level like this, but surely I'm not going to be stuck on that crappy connection for digital download of my software?

nbrettoner
August 16th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hi Zec,

I just want to convey to you my thanks for your timely & informative updates.
Greatly appreciated.:D
:wave:

Approach_Medium
August 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Does this outage also affect the ftp.firstclass.auran.com server?
I am trying to get FTP access, and have just renewed my FCT, which is now showing in my PA profile. Trying to connect via Filezilla using previous settings but keep getting an error.

"critical error could not connect to server"
I assume that this is caused by the same server issue that is affecting the other sites.

FW

maxberens72
August 17th, 2010, 06:36 PM
i just bought the ts2009 digital download and it took five hours to download and then it did not work i searched my whole computer and the file was no where to found. i am downloading it again what do i do what is wrong

maxberens72
August 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM
i just downloaded the digital download after waiting five hors and it did not work i am downloading it again after searching my computer where i could not find the file what do i do what is wrong how do i get the download to work and install the game on my computer

Approach_Medium
August 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM
i just downloaded the digital download after waiting five hors and it did not work i am downloading it again after searching my computer where i could not find the file what do i do what is wrong how do i get the download to work and install the game on my computer
I would hold off on any further downloading until the server problems are fixed. I am fairly certain that Auran will allow you to DL the purchased product for at least 15 days (but probably longer than that). I don't know if Auran puts a limit on the number of DL attempts you can make, but it would be wise to be aware of any.

FW

BennyTrain
August 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I know the servers are not ok but for info

The requested URL /TS2010Download/41491_to_41615.exe was not found on this server.

BennyTrain
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Good work and good luck !

crohakon
August 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I think the Auran tech department is making this a bit to complicated.

Can you just place copies of the SP3 patches for 2010 on the server hosting www.auran.com and update the links on the website? It would take all but maybe 20 minutes.

I have been waiting almost a week to download this latest patch for a game in which I payed a top shelf price.

Approach_Medium
August 18th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hell; Send me the files by e-mail and I'll put them on my own website for anyone to DL. After all, the patches won't do anyone any good unless they've already got the game, so there won't be a copyright issue here.
Come to think of it; I already have the files on my hard drive. If Auran wants to give me permission to upload them to my website hosted by GoDaddy, I'll make them available for all.

FW

crohakon
August 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM
You have all three?

Send them to me and I will host them on the server in my basement sitting next to me until Auran figures out how to fix there issue.

Beattie
August 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone the severs for patching trainz seen to be working I tried it and everything seens to be fixed at least the patching severs anyway.

ZecMurphy
August 19th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Good Afternoon All
The patches are now available again, however some sections are still being worked on.

The main sections are the 'online.ts2009.com' site (including the TrainzDev wiki). All others listed should be back online.

We hope to have the remaining sites online soon. This should not effect the other servers (Download Station, Digital Downloads, etc).

If you are experiencing issues with other sections of the site, then please send a ticket to the helpdesk. Please allow some extra time at the moment, as the backlog has grown somewhat again.

alexmoore
August 21st, 2010, 06:27 AM
We purchased TS2009 2 weeks ago and have tried over the past week to download but have had no success at all. Clicking on anything, including the download helper, just leads to IE error message "The webpage cannot be displayed. most likely cause: some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed"

As a new user I have no idea of how this SHOULD work so is this a problem due to the outage, so we just have to wait, or is there something else we should be doing?

Extremely frustrating! Thank you
The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:

Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

dbutterf
August 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hi All,

I have been getting the error 'Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try again later....'

Is this error to do with the server down time or do I have another problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dayle

JCitron
August 22nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Hi All,

I have been getting the error 'Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try again later....'

Is this error to do with the server down time or do I have another problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dayle

Dayle,

This error has noting to do with these servers. Check that your username and passowrd are correct in Content Manager - i.e. the same as the ones used to login here and to Planet Auran.

John

dbutterf
August 22nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have made sure that the login is the same and I still get the error.

Guess I'll put in a ticket.

Thanks for the suiggestion

Dayle

VoidPointer
August 23rd, 2010, 04:43 AM
I have made sure that the login is the same and I still get the error.

Guess I'll put in a ticket.

Thanks for the suiggestion

Dayle

I have the same problem. After buying a first class ticket I get the same message.

But I recognized a message on planet auran:

-------------------------------
First Class Access

Status: Pending permissions update, please check back soon.
-------------------------------

So maybe the pending update is the reason for non-downloading content manager.

Kind Regards

VoidPointer
August 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
I solved it for me by changing the password (using the same password as before). After this, the "pending" message was replaced by

and the content manager is downloading successfully again.

Kind Regards

dbutterf
August 23rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Tried that too but still no joy.

I have a ticket in. May be some time before I get a response.:sleep:

dbutterf
August 23rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry, spoke too soon.

I checked and I see that I did not change the login/password on the Auran site. Did this and all ok now.:)

Another issue solved:D

ct_krogen
August 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
when you buy a fct you will need to go into you profile and turn it on
it will take 24 hours for it ti kick in

switchdoc
August 27th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Same problem here:

I purchased and activated my FCT two days ago and still no success in downloading. I receive the message 'server appears to be full ...' for two days now.

I doublechecked and renewed my password and login data, which seem to be correct as CMP concludes its test without errormessage. I want to use the old content manager plus as I am downloading content for my 2006 installation (can't get used to these trees...).

Anything I can do to move forward ?

Norbert

Edit: forget this post. I was not aware that I had to handle my Planet Auran profile in redoing my password. I did this and all is fine now.

Norbert.

robogo
August 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Been downloading since 07H00 this morning, now 19H00 and still going strong as I'm writing here, from ZA.

ancall
August 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM
All,
I am getting "Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try again later..." for the past 48 hours. I have an active FCT.

Is there a problem with the server?

ancall

Puffingbilly
August 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
All,
I am getting "Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try again later..." for the past 48 hours. I have an active FCT.

Is there a problem with the server?

ancall
Ancall,
See this thread by Zec http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=61187

Ron

September 2nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Does the server crash cover replies sent to the helpdesk? Since you asked me to wait three more days Mr. Murphy, to complete the 3 week time from a July 28th order date...... for my son's CD to show up in the mail, I have NOT HEARD ONE WORD. I keep posting tickets and I GET NO RESPONSES, not even an ackmnowledgment and meanwhile;

my 12 year old still DOES NOT HAVE HIS GAME.

This is a copy of my last ticket request for help posted yesterday. PLEASE HELP ME, SOMEONE AT AURAN HELP ME.....you have his hard earned money and he has nothing to show for it. Thank you.

My 12 year old son worked hard to earn the $60.00 for this game that I purchased for him through your website. I put his money in my checking account and used my VISA to pay for it. It was accepted and I received a confirmation however I have NOT YET RECEIVED THIS GAME. This was July 28th and he has not yet received it.
Please help me find out why he has not gotten it in the mail. The website said 3 days to 3 weeks and it is well over this time. I did get one email from ZEC MURPHY asking me to verify my address but that was the last contact I received.

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 9:58 PM
Subject: [#NEN-564026]: TS2010 NOT RECEIVED

> Good Morning
>
> As 3 weeks from the 29th of July is the 19th of August, please allow up
> till this date for the item to arrive, since it may take up to the full 3
> weeks, as it was shipped from our distribution center here in Australia.
>
> However, can you please confirm for me if the following address is
> correct?
>
> Robin D. Bryson-Coltrane
> 4348 Pleasant Garden Road
> Greensboro, NC, 27406
> United States of America
>
> Please let us know if your order does not arrive by the 19th.
> Thank you for your patience.
>
> Zec Murphy
>
> Customer Support Rep
> Auran Games
>
> Ticket Details
> ===================
> Ticket ID: NEN-564026
> Department: TS2010: Engineers Edition
> Priority: Urgent
> Status: Awaiting Reply

Please, please do not disappoint this child. I am asking you to do the right thing and let me know how you can help get the game he paid for .......to him.
Robin D. Bryson-Coltrane

Kevin_Beresford
September 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I know there have been issues with the server, it is now 12th Sept. and I still can't download, I keep getting "the sever is full" message.
Is this problem going to be fixed soon or is it a problem at my end?
Please advise.
Trainman :(:'(

Steve84d
September 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
is it just me or is the download station going at snails pace too??

alexT364
September 13th, 2010, 01:10 AM
i too am getting the server full message, and am unable to download :(

ShadyCadence
September 13th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Those getting the "Server is full" message need to reset their password in their Auran profile. It CAN be the same.

Happy downloading!

alexT364
September 14th, 2010, 01:05 AM
thanks heaps shady cadence, working now :D

nuggles58
September 14th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I'm trying to download a scenario and the CMP keeps coming up with "unable to contact planet auran, please chack your internet connection and firewall settings'. On the website, I can do the forum, download center and planet auran, but the CMP will not connect for some reason. The time here in Perth, Western Australia is 8.07pm and I have tried resetting my password in everything including CMP. Any ideas?

Is the download site down?

alexT364
September 14th, 2010, 11:55 PM
everytime i open content manager its "repairing database". when i had trainz installed earlier this year it never did that, why is this and how do i fix it.
Regards, Alex.

nuggles58
September 15th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm trying to download a scenario and the CMP keeps coming up with "unable to contact planet auran, please chack your internet connection and firewall settings'. On the website, I can do the forum, download center and planet auran, but the CMP will not connect for some reason. The time here in Perth, Western Australia is 8.07pm and I have tried resetting my password in everything including CMP. Any ideas?

Is the download site down?

A re-install and resetting my password and username with all items brought everything back so it looks like may have been my side? Weird because it only happened in the last few days!:o

The repairing database syndrome I have had. I started it and went out for about an hour and a half. It was just finishing. If you have a lot of items, it will take hours to fix. If you stop it before it has finished the repair, next time you start it will start from scratch again. Once I let mine repair completely, it was fine after that.;)

lightrail
September 26th, 2010, 12:31 AM
What's going on with the slow and timing out servers? It's Sept 25th and I'm constantly having trouble with Auran's website timing out. Download station, even the shop.

emiliete1990
September 26th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Hello. I'd like to know how to play TRS2010 online.

Thanks.

billen
September 27th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hi,
I am now unable to load my TS2010 Engineers Edition ... this has happened since I tried to use the download station which told me to download the patch #3 ... in fact it keeped popping up on the monitor but would not install ... so I decided to try and load it manually as the TS2010 program does not run correctly and keeps corupting my computer ... as explained earlier (not here) ... anyway the file would not download until I used a loading program to get it ... eventually I got it and tried to install it ... after more than an hour I realised that the patch was stuck ... so I had to use the Task Manager to cancel it ... now the Trainz program will not load and I cannot install the patch again as it now saids that ... it is not compatiable with the version of TS2010 that I have ... hummm so what is going on ?
When I try to run the TS2010 program a dos window eventually opens up on the desktop/monitor saying "mismatched built number from TAD" of which I have taken a snap off which I hope will show here ? - how do I upload a pic from my computer ??
Also I have many other problems with the TS2010 Engineers Edition and obviously need a patch or two or something.
Cheers

billen
September 28th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Hi,
I am now unable to load my TS2010 Engineers Edition ... this has happened since I tried to use the download station which told me to download the patch #3 ... in fact it keeped popping up on the monitor but would not install ... so I decided to try and load it manually as the TS2010 program does not run correctly and keeps corupting my computer ... as explained earlier (not here) ... anyway the file would not download until I used a loading program to get it ... eventually I got it and tried to install it ... after more than an hour I realised that the patch was stuck ... so I had to use the Task Manager to cancel it ... now the Trainz program will not load and I cannot install the patch again as it now saids that ... it is not compatiable with the version of TS2010 that I have ... hummm so what is going on ?
When I try to run the TS2010 program a dos window eventually opens up on the desktop/monitor saying "mismatched built number from TAD" of which I have taken a snap off which I hope will show here ? - how do I upload a pic from my computer ??
Also I have many other problems with the TS2010 Engineers Edition and obviously need a patch or two or something.
Cheers

emiliete1990
September 28th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Hello, billen.
That's because YOU cancelled the patching. Now you must reinstall TRS and install the patch again. The patch takes 1'5, max. 2 hours to finish, although it depends on your database size. So, take it easy and do other things while the patch is installing. :)

woppatrainz
September 28th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Im downloading the file now can any one tell me how big it is

billen
September 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks emiliete1990 ... I didn't want to re-install TS2010 as my passed experience with Trainz and re-enstalling usually upset my personal content ...
anyway I have re-installed TS2010 and then applied the patch and all is now running.
The whole process took a long time and applying the patch took between 1 -2 hrs ... Cheers

georgialonestar
September 29th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Good Morning All
I have just updated the list, since some sites were not listed (these are technically linked to some of the other listed sites, however most people wouldn't notice this).

We are getting closer to having the server back online, however I cannot give an ETA on when apart from soon(tm).

Customer Support Rep
Auran Games

WON'T NOTICE?? Of course I won't notice this! I can't access DLS AT ALL! I continue to recieve "incorrect username and password" error every single time I log in. . .I don't notice a thing!

georgialonestar
September 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Good Morning All

Customer Support Rep
Auran Games

WON'T NOTICE?? Of course I won't notice this! I can't access DLS AT ALL! I continue to recieve "incorrect username and password" error every single time I log in. . .I don't notice a thing!

cascaderailroad
September 29th, 2010, 10:09 PM
:mop: :'( :mop: Patience is a virtue ... Hopefully the servers will be online again, and downloading will be resuming ... Bedtime :sleep:

lightrail
September 30th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hey - CMP is not happy - big RED banner saying I can't login to my Auran Account - so I assume the DLS is down. Any word on when it will be up?

Thanks

jhatchman
September 30th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I have the same problem CMP has the RED banner saying I can't login to my Auran Account and I can not login to any of the Auran wedsites

Jeff

jhatchman
September 30th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I have the same problem with CMP as it has the RED banner saying I can't login to my Auran Account and I can not login to any of the Auran wedsites

Jeff