PDA

View Full Version : TS2010 EE.... patches etc

chairman
August 5th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hi..

I`ve just installed TS2010 EE and noticed there are patches I need... can somebody point me towards them please ?

Also, how do I change the screen size to 1280 x 960 :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

chairman

aardvark1
August 5th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Mr. Chairman, Sir

You can find the patches (SP1-SP2-SP3...depending on your current version) for TS2010 in this Forum.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Other Trainzers here may be able to assist you with your video question.

Respectfully,

shaneturner12
August 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM
chairman:

There are 2 ways (generally) to set the video resolution in Trainz:

1.Setting it on the Display tab in Trainz Options (click Options on the launcher to reach this)
2. Adding the following lines to your trainzoptions.txt file (if present):

height=xxx (replace xxx with the height aspect of your desired resolution (usually the second figure)
width=xxx (replace xxx with the width aspect of your desired resolution (usually the first figure)

From the figures you have given, it would be:

height=960
width=1280

Also, on the subject of patches, make sure you have updated your DirectX to at least the August 2009 version. Instructions on how to do this are at http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=58843.

Shane

chairman
August 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hi...

@ shaneturner12.. thank you for the information, I have managed to change screen resolution. I already have the latest DirectX :)

SP1 says 41491 - 41615.. I have build 42203, do I still require this ?

Downloading the other SP`s now

chairman

shaneturner12
August 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM
You will only need TS2010 SP3. (Be aware though, there have been some reported problems with SP3)

Shane

RRSignal
August 5th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Two warnings, Mr. Chairman-

First, the SP2 patch, and reportedly SP3 as well, can take many hours to apply. I recommend doing them at the end of the evening, letting your computer run overnight. Some say doing an Extended Database Repair after applying SP2 and SP3 might be helpful.

Also, and I don't know if this was fixed in SP3, but I've had problems with my video resolution in Trainz (1280x1024) randomly resizing down to that of my desktop (800x600), making it look like I've zoomed in on a corner of the screen. Although Shane's advice with the height and width settings are said to help for some, that trick didn't work for me. As a result, I have to manually set my screen resolution to that of Trainz every time I want to play.