PDA

View Full Version : running in the direction of track markers

Gary25b
August 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
The other day I read in a thread that hovering the cursor over a signal will give info on the line ahead. Don't know how I missed that for so long, but it sure changes my understanding of things like signaling and track usage.

For instance on the Murchison 2 route I'm doing the first scenario, and came to a signal that I just couldn't figure out. Looking on the map at junctions ahead, I saw no problem. Finally I hovered over the signal and it said something like 'a marker ahead is facing the opposite way of the train.' Sure enough, enabling markers on the map shows that is indeed the case. So I back the train up to the closest crossover and change to a track with markers going my way.

Two questions:

1) The signal I was stopped at originally was on the left side of the track I was on. I thought that was my signal. And yet, the track marker showed a direction for my track opposite of my current direction. Now I'm confused about which signals are for my track.

2) Should I only run on tracks that have markers facing my direction?

thanks for any help

shaneturner12
August 2nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Sounds like RH signals are being used on that route - these signals appear on the right of the track and cause confusion (sometimes LH signals can do this)

and yes, you should run in the same direction as the markers.

Shane

JCitron
August 2nd, 2010, 11:36 PM
The way you drag your track will affect which way the markers and signals will face. Simply use the rotate trackside object button to rotate the selected object.

John