PDA

View Full Version : Very Slow Download?

polllo
August 1st, 2010, 01:11 AM
Hi all,
I'm downloading and saving 2009 WBE by wireless N broadband to my computer. Is it supposed to take over 2.5 hours?

trainzamtrakfan
August 1st, 2010, 10:12 AM
since it is a very big download, it should take quite a large amount of time... but i suggest you should have bought the boxed version !

JCitron
August 1st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Wireless connections tend to be quite a bit slower than wired connections due to the way the packets are transmitted. A wired network is full-duplex, meaning that both transmit and receive happen at the same time. Wireless are half-duplex, meaning that either or operation happens, so the network is slow.

When downloading from Auran, they recommend using a download manager. This is particularly helpful with slow connections as it helps to prevent data corruption on slow connections.

John

polllo
August 1st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Wireless connections tend to be quite a bit slower than wired connections due to the way the packets are transmitted. A wired network is full-duplex, meaning that both transmit and receive happen at the same time. Wireless are half-duplex, meaning that either or operation happens, so the network is slow.

When downloading from Auran, they recommend using a download manager. This is particularly helpful with slow connections as it helps to prevent data corruption on slow connections.

John

John, what is a download manager, where would I get it, and is one better then the other if there are more then one?
Thanks for the help,
Glenn

JCitron
August 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
John, what is a download manager, where would I get it, and is one better then the other if there are more then one?
Thanks for the help,
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Auran recommends one on their download link page, I can't recall which one it is. There are others out there, and I'm sure someone here on the forums can help you. Check www.downloads.com (http://www.downloads.com) for any number of them.

John