PDA

View Full Version : Help with Custom Content TRS 2006 - Windows 7

samerton
July 28th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, or there is already a thread about it as I am new to this website. I've been playing Trainz since the original version came out years back. I think it's a brilliant game.
Here is my problem :

I recently got a new Windows 7 32-bit computer, and when I installed Trainz 2006, it worked fine. When I tried to install the CDP files, CDP itself said that it had sucessfully installed the packages/assets. However, when I play in-game, they don't exist. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Sam.

shaneturner12
July 28th, 2010, 10:56 AM
A common problem - don't worry about it.

I'm guessing your previous system was a Windows XP (or earlier) computer.

If that is the case, there are a few major changes in Windows 7 that will affect how games (inc Trainz) work.

The major one of them is the upgraded security. If Trainz has been installed in Program Files, you will need to make a change to the shortcut for it to run properly. (I have Win 7 64-bit, so I know what it is like)

To do this:
1.Right-click the Trainz shortcut on the desktop.
2.Click Properties.
3.Click Compatibility.
4.Click in the box labelled 'run this program as an administrator' to place a tick in it.
5.Click OK, then click Continue (and possibly Yes) if prompted.

When you next use that shortcut to run Trainz, you will need to click yes to run the program.

Shane

stance555
July 30th, 2010, 03:24 AM
i have sort of the same problem except cdp won't even open, no error messages or anything. i have windows 7 64 bit computer. can anyone help me?

shaneturner12
July 30th, 2010, 05:00 AM
stance555, have you followed the instructions in the post above yours?

If not, I would advise doing so.

If you have, it sounds like a file association issue to me - a re-install may help.

Shane

samerton
July 30th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Thank-you Shane. The computer was previously XP, yes. I'm getting a new laptop now anyway. :) CDP's installation of files now works perfectly.

Thanks again,
Sam =)

robin-nisbet
July 30th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, or there is already a thread about it as I am new to this website. I've been playing Trainz since the original version came out years back. I think it's a brilliant game.
Here is my problem :

I recently got a new Windows 7 32-bit computer, and when I installed Trainz 2006, it worked fine. When I tried to install the CDP files, CDP itself said that it had sucessfully installed the packages/assets. However, when I play in-game, they don't exist. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Sam.

hi ... just wanted to let you know that you have to commit the cdp items first ... found under edit (once you have selected all items in that tab)
hope that helps

stance555
August 1st, 2010, 01:08 AM
i tried running as administrator and re-installing and still nothing to do with cdp works! Help

axadi
January 2nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
i have sp3 and tried the things above and even to run them with Trainz.exe but windows says that he cant open that file.any ideas?

shaneturner12
January 2nd, 2014, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, you need to register your Trainz version. Click Planet Auran, then click Serial Number, then fill in the form.

Secondly, you can use Content Manager to import the content. Click Content on the Launcher, then click File followed by Import CDP. The box that appears will then allow you to select the CDP files you want to import.

Shane

axadi
January 26th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I have registred my Serial Number, but how can I launch Content Manager? In the Launcher there is a function called Content Update, but that opens me the log0.htlm file from theCache\Logs folder.I can remember that when I don't modded any games I accesed the Content Manager some times, but now I can't find anything that launches it, even on the CD!

shaneturner12
January 26th, 2014, 11:07 AM
The version of Content Manager that is mentioned in this thread is only for TRS2006 or higher versions.

Shane

cascaderailroad
January 26th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I usually can help someone with TRS2006 ... But these questions posed, totally elude me ... Be more descriptive please

mikeaust
January 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
The fact that the registration shows as Trainz would lead me to believe it is Trainz 1.3. If so it would be totally useless now.
cheers,
Mike