PDA

View Full Version : You know what would be awsome in the new trainz?

Amtrakid17
July 25th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Alright so i was thinking... You know how on xbox or playstion you go into a party and talk to your friends? Well why not do that in trainz? You could go inot a chat room and comunicate with your friends while your driving on the same route as them! You each pic a consist that you had already setup in surveyor then you enter the chat room. The person with the best internet is the host and that person picks the route. When you get in you go to your spot where you want to start and put in where your going to go. An automated dispatcher plots out your route and tells you when to stop for another train passing(your friend) or pass another train waiting on a siding for you. This wouldnt be the finished product there would be alot of other factors you would put in but the general idea is pretty cool right?

Please comment!!! If i get enough feedback i might be able to take this up to Auran to be looked at.

Thanks!!!

Bry11
July 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I love this idea it is a great one. It would be so much fun for me and my friends to run routes together. It would be amazing if Auran could and would do this thanks for bringing this up man. :)

RailRunner154
July 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
This is a wonderful idea. :) Hope you get lots of feedback.

jmeinig
July 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
All of you realize there is a topic in Suggestion Boxcar that is called "Online Multiplayer ... Possibility?" that is all about this topic.

aardvark1
July 25th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Not a new concept:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=54617

Not sure if it still works.

Amtrakid17
July 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Yea i know what you mean but this is more of an xbox live party or ps3 party along the lines you know?

Alco_P-A
July 25th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I would like to see trainz move forward into a video game for PS2,3 etc. type of simulator where it's not as much as a building game but a truly realistic train driving game. Morelike the real railroads of today and what the engineers have to do as they go along on their shift.Trainz Driver is good but I would like the train simulator game companies move up to a more realistic level of train railroading and graphics.

Amtrakid17
July 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM
True i still like building my routes too and drving whatever i want on them like most people but yea that would be cool.

Amtrakid17
July 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Im gonna get through to auran one way or another this could change trainz forever!

Johnk
July 25th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Don't bother contacting Auran, they don't do business that way. As jmeinig mentioned, there's a forum called "Suggestion Boxcsr" where your suggestion has already been noted by others - many times over I believe. Have a look at the posts regarding your idea in this thread. it's only the newer members who are stirring you on. The veterans like aardvark1 and myself are telling you the idea has been flogged to death before. In fact Auran originally planned to do something like this in the second release of Trainz in 2004, but quickly dropped it for one reason or another. You will probably find that this gaming concept wouldn't have the wide appeal you think it might. Personally, I'd rather see Auran improve on what they already have.

Amtrakid17
July 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Hmm you make a good point but im still gonna stick to mine.

JRT
July 25th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hmm you make a good point but im still gonna stick to mine.

You don't get it do you; and its N3V Games not Auran.

JRT

hert
July 25th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Just to add. Half of your idea is already in trainz. the Ichatz makes it possible to talk to other people in trainz. And the other half which has been said many times before is in the suggestion thread. The Multiplayer one.

hert:wave:

NikkiA
July 26th, 2010, 07:34 AM
This idea is as about as awesome as a slap in the face with a wet kipper. :(

IKB.

At least kippers taste nice when fried.

NikkiA
July 26th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Fried Nikki ? Not good for the old ticker. :D

cheers,
Mike.

(Sadly) That doesn't stop them tasting good fried :P

boleyd
July 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM
There is a constant concern that effort put into making the program a game will reduce attention (money) from the more technical aspects that constitute an improved real rail operation.

Do not be to in awe of the program as a new user. Within a few months, as you learn the aspects of real railroads and the trains, a desire for improvements in those areas may displace playing a game with friends.

Some users would gladly support multi-player functionality but only if the current functions were more complete and more real in both operation and appearance.

ct_krogen
July 26th, 2010, 03:29 PM
[quote=slap190;642465]Alright so i was thinking... You know how on xbox or playstion you go into a party and talk to your friends? Well why not do that in trainz? You could go inot a chat room and comunicate with your friends while your driving on the same route as them! You each pic a consist that you had already setup in surveyor then you enter the chat room. The person with the best internet is the host and that person picks the route. When you get in you go to your spot where you want to start and put in where your going to go. An automated dispatcher plots out your route and tells you when to stop for another train passing(your friend) or pass another train waiting on a siding for you. This wouldnt be the finished product there would be alot of other factors you would put in but the general idea is pretty cool right?

Please comment!!! If i get enough feedback i might be able to take this up to Auran to be looked at.

that can be done in trainz 10 in the ichat area, youc an make your own chat rooms

NikkiA
July 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM
that can be done in trainz 10 in the ichat area, youc an make your own chat rooms

I think he specifically wanted/wants voice chat. Which would be pointless really - a) you can already use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo if you really want, b) Auran would never be able to moderate voice chat into a family-friendly environment, and family-friendly is what Auran clearly strive for.

And no, 'we're all mature enough...' isn't an answer, see "John Gabriel's Greater Internet F*****d Theory" for why.

In conclusion, voice chat built in isn't going to work, it has a place in naturally-mature games like FPSes, but in a train sim from a company that is proud of it's PEGI 3+ rating? Not a chance.

martinvk
July 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I would like to see trainz move forward into a video game for PS2,3 etc. type of simulator where it's not as much as a building game but a truly realistic train driving game. Morelike the real railroads of today and what the engineers have to do as they go along on their shift.Trainz Driver is good but
No building and only realistic driving? That will become real boring real fast. Despite what you might think from movies, the engineer has very little freedom to do what he wants. He goes where he is told, when he is told and on which track he is told. No moving on a whim, the timetable is king. No switching to another track, that belongs to another consist. No thanks. It's only by having all roles available, builder, dispatcher, driver, etc., that Trainz remains such a good deal.

I would like the train simulator game companies move up to a more realistic level of train railroading and graphics.And when they do, put in the earplugs. We already have people stuck at previous versions because their hardware is not able to handle TS2010. If Auran moved the realism level to even greater heights, few could follow them without major hardware investments.

illinoiscentral
July 26th, 2010, 06:03 PM
There is a few errors that plague the possibility of online multi-player.
And when I say many, I mean many.
Just a few are:
You would have to have signaling on the route, and that means players that follow the signals, and if a player abondons the train and quits, the whole online game session gets screwed. Plus, I doubt if Auran or "N3V Games" for that matter would actually have the time, money and staff to maintain the online gaming. Also take into much consideration that this would quite possibly have to be based on the same version of Trainz, thus providing limited access.
Also consider that 3rd party content used on the online gaming would probably be out, it would all have to be standard built in stuff so everyone has the same stuff on the routes. So in all reality, Trainz and online gaming just doesn't mix.
That's what I've come up with though, but there's a hell of alot of people smarter than me.:hehe:

Cheers,
Woody:wave:

j_maybury
July 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hi Woody, Nice to see you round and about.

A nice thought.
But Iím afraid this is a bit like, violently striking a deceased four legged equine animal.
It would be wonderful to have all your friends old and new, to ride the rails together. Are well I can dream can't I? :sleep:

Amtrakid17
July 26th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Ugh im sorry guys a wet kipper? And everyone else if you guys would stop bashing the idea and try and support it we might get heard maybe who knows... Yes there are faults but thats what development is for...

pommie
July 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM
You do not have to be heard, this subject crops up every now and then, Auran looked into it when Auran was AURAN, with a lot more development staff
than now, and the answers were,
a, computers would need 20 years or so for the average one's to be powerful enough to handle it.
b, there was not enough interest in the general Trainz community to even think of spending any money on research/development of a voice chat.
Just think, there is irc built into Trainz now, how many people use it ??

This forum needs a 'reoccurring discussion' section that threads like this can be moved to.

Cheers David

Amtrakid17
July 26th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Idk anymore it just sounds like that trainz is just degressing is what you guys are saying and nothing will ever get better. If you keep bashing it it wont get better this topic has turned into why Trainz will never develope well enough to become realistic or different or how ever poeple complain about the flaws. You cant keep saying this is why not or this is to unrealistic of an idea its and idea that can start something you guys dont get were im comming from... and its a shame. :(

pommie
July 27th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Idk anymore it just sounds like that trainz is just degressing is what you guys are saying and nothing will ever get better. If you keep bashing it it wont get better this topic has turned into why Trainz will never develope well enough to become realistic or different or how ever poeple complain about the flaws. You cant keep saying this is why not or this is to unrealistic of an idea its and idea that can start something you guys dont get were im comming from... and its a shame. :(

Could you please enlighten me as to the realism of having voice chat while driving a locomotive ????

And please stop taking this personal, no one is 'bashing you' other than having to repeat what has already been said because you are not listening.
Three reasons why this will not happen,

1, the majority of users do not want it/will not use it.

2, it's not realistic, therefore has no place in Trainz.

3, Auran will not pay for the development when there is going to be zero return, they are not a charity.

The above is not bashing either you or your idea, just pointing out the obvious reasons.
If you want to voice chat while using Trainz there are a few programs out there that will happily run with Trainz that will enable you and your mates to chat, I have used Skype to chat while using trains, there are a number of chat clients aimed at the gaming mob, you could use one of those :D

Cheers David

Johnk
July 27th, 2010, 02:56 AM
slap190, It looks like you've entered the Trainz scene quite recently: 25 posts and TS2009.

The people who are trying to help you here have been around for a very long time. To you, your idea is a revelation, to us, it's just someone trying to wake a dead horse using a prod with a flat battery.

it's not a shame at all. Trainz is what you get and what you pay for. The program is very complex and the developers and all the beta testers out there have enough on their hands already without having to take Trainz to another almost unattainable level. I can assure you that all the ideas you can come up with have been thrashed out before, so on behalf of all of us, can you please put this one and this thread to rest before the moderators do.

And yes, we do get where you're comming (sic) from. My guess is that you haven't researched your idea by reading past posts on this discussion board and you're determined to have your ten cent's worth regardless.

Don't get discouraged however, just use the correct forum when posting and enjoy what all the forums combined have to offer.

John

Ronayne
July 27th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Slap190, please listen to what the older members say. This idea has been around since before you joined Trainz, and there is already a thread for this in "Suggestion Boxcar". Older members (generally :p ) have more knowledge about Trainz and the Trainz Community then new members.

- Chris, :wave:

Amtrakid17
July 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Im not taking it personal and voice chat like as in radio chat they have on real railrods. I havent been on this forum much but why cant you keep pushing for it whats the problem with that? yea i may not get somehwere its a possibility but if you get enough support for something you can make it happen whos knows if it will but you cant hurt to try. Alright theres been posts about this before but it looks to me nonoe cared enough to do something... If you guys just keep telling me nothings going to happen because of past expirience then it won't for sure it won't but if you support it it will get better... This post isnt really about my idea its about the development of a game we all play and like. If you stay negative it will stay the way it is...

Johnk
July 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
It has nothing to do with being negative. It's a reality check. Just give it a break and let's move on! You can't feed a dead horse hay and expect it to win the derby.

Oh and another thing. The location on the top right is there for a reason. Please spend some time looking around the forums before telling us we're negative. I think you have a heck of a lot to learn.

aardvark1
July 27th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Im not taking it personal and voice chat like as in radio chat they have on real railrods. I havent been on this forum much but why cant you keep pushing for it whats the problem with that? yea i may not get somehwere its a possibility but if you get enough support for something you can make it happen whos knows if it will but you cant hurt to try. Alright theres been posts about this before but it looks to me nonoe cared enough to do something... If you guys just keep telling me nothings going to happen because of past expirience then it won't for sure it won't but if you support it it will get better... This post isnt really about my idea its about the development of a game we all play and like. If you stay negative it will stay the way it is...

N3V Games does not have the personnel and/or the time and even perhaps the working capital to develop your dream. It may be possible for N3V to work toward you dream sometime in the distant future.

SOLUTION:

1....Use the IPortal Ichat within Trainz.

2....Be sure that you and a friend are using the same route, etc.

3....Use a cell phone or land line to call your friend and discuss the route, etc.

4....Chat on the phone as long as you want with your friend. No moderator required.

Have fun,:)

Ronayne
July 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Lets let this thread die please. :sleep: