PDA

View Full Version : No Driver

DVNGER
July 24th, 2010, 10:46 PM
When ever I start a route, Theres no driver in my train and my camera view spawns no where...
I dont know how to add a driver, Any help?
:o

hert
July 24th, 2010, 10:58 PM
When ever I start a route, Theres no driver in my train and my camera view spawns no where...
I dont know how to add a driver, Any help?
:o

Are you sure the Locomotive you put is a engine. Rolling stock only consists wont spawn drivers. But to add a driver click "edit session" in the Main Menu on the top bar in surveyor. Click driver setup and the edit button. "Add the driver" then click right above his commands and a lists all locos should appear.
Test out in Quickdrive.

hth,
hert:wave:

DVNGER
July 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks, Will do.

rweber95
July 25th, 2010, 12:14 AM
You don't say what version you're using but that's the kind of indications you get in TRS2006 after installing SP1 improperly. You should register you Trainz serial number so you version will automatically appear by your Username.

Bob

DVNGER
July 25th, 2010, 01:21 AM
You don't say what version you're using but that's the kind of indications you get in TRS2006 after installing SP1 improperly. You should register you Trainz serial number so you version will automatically appear by your Username.

Bob
Do i have to completely re-install 06 then?

JCitron
July 25th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Do i have to completely re-install 06 then?

Bob,

Yes, unfortunately you'll have to reinstall.

The exact process is documented on the forums, but in summary here it is:

Install or reinstall TRS2006. (Save your local folder elsewhere if you have a lot of downloads!)

DO NOT RUN THE PROGRAM

Install the patch.

Start up CMP to ensure your content is there. (I do anyway).

If it's all set, you're good to go.

John

DVNGER
July 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Bob,

Yes, unfortunately you'll have to reinstall.

The exact process is documented on the forums, but in summary here it is:

Install or reinstall TRS2006. (Save your local folder elsewhere if you have a lot of downloads!)

DO NOT RUN THE PROGRAM

Install the patch.

Start up CMP to ensure your content is there. (I do anyway).

If it's all set, you're good to go.

John
Thanks , I had just installed SP1, you're correct, Can you guide me through what folders i need to save so that I wont lose anything before I re-install?
;)

rweber95
July 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM
All of your downloaded or created stuff is in the ...\Auran\TRS2006\local folder so just move the local folder to a temp location, do the uninstall then follow the instructions in the readme exactly to reinstall and installation of SP1.

Bob

DVNGER
July 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
All of your downloaded or created stuff is in the ...\Auran\TRS2006\local folder so just move the local folder to a temp location, do the uninstall then follow the instructions in the readme exactly to reinstall and installation of SP1.

Bob
Im uninstalling right now, Hope this works and I dont lose any stuff :hehe:

DVNGER
July 25th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Installing... ...

rweber95
July 25th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Just remember .. DON'T run Trainz after the install, but go straight to SP1 install.

Bob

DVNGER
July 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Just remember .. DON'T run Trainz after the install, but go straight to SP1 install.

Bob
I did that and everything the instructions told me to, But still the same, Ive re-installed a couple of times and im just gonna stick with the original trainz service pack.

DVNGER
July 25th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Oh and I lost all of my content, [Im 100% I saved it].
Which some of where payware,
This is one of those things that just make me want to quit trainz.

Deano5
July 26th, 2010, 05:48 AM
First of all, lets start by registering your copy of Trainz by clicking on the tab on the top of this web site marked "Serial Number". If you followed all the instructions then nothing should be lost, just misplaced, unless of course you have re-formatted your hard drives? Any payware items must be in a CDP somewhere as they don't just load into Trainz and then vanish. Where did you put all your saved Trainz files? Try to be a bit more specific with your problem so we can get the picture at our ends. ;)

kamran
July 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM
have you saved your local folder before uninstalling it
if you saved that folder then after installing new one open cm and then click on import contents and import the local folder you saved
comitt all contents by clicking on open for edit tab in cm
you will get all your contents back
but only if you saved your local folder

DVNGER
July 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
To make a long story short I had an account but it got hacked along with my serial number (well the email did) and I cant get it back since I cant get the E-Mail so theres no way to re-register the serial number, I saved the local folder and then re-installed but nothing was there, Im done trying I wont be upgrading to SP1.

martinvk
August 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
To make a long story short I had an account but it got hacked along with my serial number (well the email did) and I cant get it back since I cant get the E-Mail so theres no way to re-register the serial number,...You should send all the details to the Helpdesk. Perhaps they can get your account sorted out. Click on the Helpdesk button at the top of the page, between Website and Download Station.