PDA

View Full Version : Portal Short

Yorkshire
July 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Has anyone tried using Portal Short in TRS2010. I tried a few days ago and a consist would enter, but on returning from the portal I discovered that the consist could not be mouse clicked and thus selected. It was on auto pilot with no way of regaining control. Also noticed that when using it as an instruction for a consist to drive to it there was no icon shown. I checked the config file in explorer and noticed that the icon image had a different file name to the one in the config. Is it my system that has got corrupted or is this a shared problem with anyone! On part of my route a short portal would be really useful.

Yorkshire

JCitron
July 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Has anyone tried using Portal Short in TRS2010. I tried a few days ago and a consist would enter, but on returning from the portal I discovered that the consist could not be mouse clicked and thus selected. It was on auto pilot with no way of regaining control. Also noticed that when using it as an instruction for a consist to drive to it there was no icon shown. I checked the config file in explorer and noticed that the icon image had a different file name to the one in the config. Is it my system that has got corrupted or is this a shared problem with anyone! On part of my route a short portal would be really useful.

Yorkshire

Portals act weird in TS2010. You can only edit them in a session, and when only selecting the Route Layer.

Portal Basic caused derailments for me. I ended up using Portal TC, which I'm not sure if it came with my TC 1&2, or is included with TS2010.

John

ct_krogen
July 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
make sure yout set the portal up as manual not auto

Yorkshire
July 22nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks

Not had a problem so far with Portal basic in 2010 - generaly works for me - I use it with Pguys Qick Portal rule. Portal short seems a disaster - will try on manual!

Yorkshire

2ndlt
November 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I am also running ts2010. I have a problem with editing portals. I can place them configure them how I want and everything is fine, then the second I save and exit then go back in to edit, I can only rotate them thats it. The only way around it is to delete the board then place a new one and start over again.

ct_krogen
November 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
ok,ok now guys you can't edit the ipotrals in route layer
\you have to in layers sessions

nawlins
December 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have found that the only portal that works consistently in TS2010sp3 in the Route layer is the Portal Basic HP. The others will set up OK but when you leave the sim and then re-launch, they are unresponsive.

I agree that they all work if you set them up in the Session layer. This means that you will always need a "base session" to go with your route. But it works.

Cheers