PDA

View Full Version : Download Very Slow!

gayle
July 9th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hello,

I just ordered the download version of Trainz 2009 and the download is stuck at 250K/sec. Why is this? I have 16MB/sec internet. I ordered this 4 hours ago and the download gets hung up and has to be restarted. Is this normal?

gary6204
July 9th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hello,

I just ordered the download version of Trainz 2009 and the download is stuck at 250K/sec. Why is this? I have 16MB/sec internet. I ordered this 4 hours ago and the download gets hung up and has to be restarted. Is this normal?

do you have the files downloading all at once? this will slow download speeds by a lot.

BILLYDASH
July 12th, 2010, 09:37 AM
LUCKY YOU! I own Trainz 2004,2006, 2009 and just bought Trainz 2010, and at present speeds the Digital Download will take 4 days, I swear the connection speeds are getting worse, not better.
I wish I had known - it would have been quicker to have the disks posted, even half way around the world to the UK - are you still all on dial up ?
Seriously though, no business in the world can be excused for unintentionally have such slow connection speeds and charging people for access is so 1990's.

JCitron
July 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
If you are talking about downloading the disc images, use a download manager. The FTP servers are slow.

With a FCT, you can wait up to 24 hours for the Planet Auran server to reset and update your account information. To expedite the process, you can try resetting your account information in Content Manager.

Go into CM where you entered your login information. Retype this information in again, and save your settings.

Exit Content Mananger, and restart. This will force the Planet Auran server to reset your FCT status, and you should see faster download speeds.

Remember, if you have anything in the queue that was downloaded at the slow speed, this content will continue to download at the slow speed. Once this is cleared, you'll get the faster download speeds.

John