PDA

View Full Version : Where to Find Readme files

pauldm
July 8th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Apologies if this may seem a stupid question, but how do I access Readme files in .cdp files?

Occasionally, when I've downloaded a layout or session, I've noticed that the designer has suggested reading the Readme file before attempting to run any trains. I can't find these files.

I'll give you an example. Yesterday I downloaded All Amsterdam 3 because, although I'm running TS2010, I was attracted by the fact that all of the assets are on the DLS (there is one missing for a couple of the sessions. All Amsterdam E and F are missing 67873:11003) and it's high on the 'most popular' layouts list. The designer, Jan, suggests that the user looks at the Readme file in 45977:100800:3 before running any sessions. How do I access it? Can anyone please help?

By the way, for anyone interested, All Amsterdam 3 looks like a superb route but I can't get the sessions to work properly in TS2010. Perhaps it's not possible. Aside from the missing asset on a couple of them, each of them seems to have derailed consists and signalling problems. I'll use them as a learning process and see if I can solve any of the problems by trying to edit them.

Regards,
Paul

mattm
July 8th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Paul,

If a readme file is included with the content you download, it will be found in the assets folder, which you access through Content Manager. Open CM, find the asset you are interested in, right click, and then 'open for edit.'
This opens up the folder where you will find, among other things, the readme and config files.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

pauldm
July 8th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks, Matt. Problem solved. I had been opening up the asset for Edit in CM but I'd only been looking in 'Edit in Content Creator Plus' instead of looking in 'Edit in Explorer'.

It's easy once you know what you're doing.

Thanks again, Paul