PDA

View Full Version : Download Speed question

CRackHead
July 5th, 2010, 07:15 PM
When yer first class ticket runs out does that mean a drop in yer speed on the dls.... one reason why im asking is i usually pull around 2mb a secand for the past day or two its been averaging 7 to 8 kbps a sec...

OTTODAD
July 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
When yer first class ticket runs out does that mean a drop in yer speed on the dls.... one reason why im asking is i usually pull around 2mb a second for the past day or two its been averaging 7 to 8 KpS a sec...

Yes, I think it does.

My activated FCT has not yet kicked in and that is what I get ! :(

O t t o

CRackHead
July 5th, 2010, 07:28 PM
aight ... thanks for the info ... looks like i'l have to invest in one come friday when i get paid... rite now im broker than a 2 dollar crack hoe :p LoLoLoLoL

cascaderailroad
July 5th, 2010, 07:36 PM
without a FCT the speed is @ 3.75 kbs...with a FCT it should be @375 kbs

With a FCT you could easily download well over 50Gb of assets in a week or two time.

From the time you pay for a FCT...till the time it is activated, may be several days, to a week, and sometimes more, if a holiday or weekend is involved in the transaction. It is not instantanious.

Red_Rattler
July 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
This has happened a few times, with some larger numbers a while ago, but without a first class ticket, our content manager showed a speed of 10.7KBps, and that's on a slow connection!