PDA

View Full Version : Trainz stops working

ccowan2126
June 17th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Purchased Trainz 2009 to my Dell Laptop few days ago. Everything was going fine until I designed a layout on Surveyor, put a dozen cars and a Loco on it, launched Driver and now it does NOT show the DCC controller even though I select DCC from the pop-up menu. When I start the loco running on the "autopilot" or whatever you call it (right click on the driver picture and DRIVE) it shuts down the program. WTF, man?

Jayturf
June 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
go into your game folder and open the jetlog file. look for anything that says stack dump and post it here. Also. is there a little red circle in the bottom right of your screen?

ccowan2126
June 17th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I did notice the little red button in the corner. I clicked it and, in short, it looks like it was saying that there was something wrong with the loco I had selected (SD 70). After I ditched that one, all the other locos run as advertised and everything is running fine.
One other thing popped up however, when I click on some of the little round broken circle thingies to move them, sometimes I get a "chirp" and they won't respond. What's up?

Thanks for your help

Connel Cowan