PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Route

jmeinig
June 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hi, I would like to create a 3ft or std. gauge scenic railroad in the USA. I would also like to have it to the trains "balance" on narrow ledges on the side of a mountain.I was wondering if anyone could help me with anything possible to make the route more enjoyable to others if I plan on releasing it.

P.S. I have built 2 or 3 routes with pretty good detail, so I'm up for the challenge.

BobCass
June 14th, 2010, 06:48 PM
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab163/bobcass/Bobcass_20100530_0012.jpg

jmeinig: Here is a shot from my current layout, as you can see I need to do detailing..I think you have to go back on the ledges, because sometimes they come out to wide..You can use several tools, the down circle you can use it to take the sharpness off of the tops of your cliffs(keep it to a small circle) and keep your sensitivity low..This one is called GOING TO THE PASS..Fictitiously Colorado..

hwtidd
June 14th, 2010, 07:17 PM
jmeinig: Here is a shot from my current layout, as you can see I need to do detailing..I think you have to go back on the ledges, because sometimes they come out to wide..You can use several tools, the down circle you can use it to take the sharpness off of the tops of your cliffs(keep it to a small circle) and keep your sensitivity low..This one is called GOING TO THE PASS..Fictitiously Colorado..

nice I am planing to recreate the deteriated Pondosa branch of the falling apart McCloud river railway look it up have a great and succesful life the both of you.

jmeinig
June 14th, 2010, 08:15 PM
All I know is, from seeing many of the people's work on scenic rails, all of the layouts I make look like dirt, then again, I'm not as experienced and I only have Trainz 2006, which is all I need.

jmeinig
June 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Okay, now I need to know whether it should be SG or NG.