PDA

View Full Version : Another milestone

srude
June 12th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Greetings to all;

After a lot of effort and frustration, I am now able to create functioning trackside signals.

I use gmax and Blender. To date, I have created with both programs, a mix of fifty-five models.

I use TRS2006 paintshed to create train items then transfer the things as CDP's into TS2009.

I use Paint Shop Pro 12 for the artwork.

My point is to show, that if you want things that are unique to your route, then, by all means, take the time to make these items yourself. And, if you so desire, you can upload them to DLS and let others use them.

My stuff isn't what I would call quality, but it serves its purpose in my virtual railroad and that is good enough for me.

Regards,

srude

:p

bchester
June 13th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Congrats to you srude!

Content creation is indeed one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game. I too create my own custom content and one day hope to have it at the point where I can release it. Unforturnately, I ruined my entire trainz development box on the move from Winnipeg to Victoria last October and several attempts to rebuild it from the DVDs I had saved have failed.

For now, the weather is too nice and there are too many places to explore around my new home so I have reverted to only checking the forums and starting trainz only when I want to explore what I see here. Hopefully, I will be back at it in the late fall or early winter when I buy a new development box.

Keep up the development and hold your chin high. The learning curve in the development process is indeed long and sometimes arduous but the satisfaction of knowing that you built it can put you on the top of the world!

Have fun:)

Bricey