PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Newbie Question..

Inn
June 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'm going to try to download Trainz 2010, Will content that is associated with 2004,2006,TC, 2009, Work in 2010?

Also, my next question is do ditch light work?

cascaderailroad
June 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
all items are upwards compatable to an later version, visa versa 2010 assets won't work backwards in 04/06.

Ditch lights work by the : or ; key, if the locos ditch lights are functional and are not merely cosmetic non functional lights

Inn
June 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Should I get 2010? I just want a legit passenger route...

Jaymom
June 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, most definately.

Harold

Inn
June 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Hrm, what passenger options does it have?

j_maybury
June 3rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Forum King aye? ............Hmmm......53 posts? :hehe:

OK king, I would say yes you should, as you are the king of the forum you will have noticed that quite a few now have hailed TS2010 the worthy successor to the TRS2004's thrown, but you already know that right? ;)

aardvark1
June 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Forum King aye? ............Hmmm......53 posts? :hehe:

OK king, I would say yes you should, as you are the king of the forum you will have noticed that quite a few now have hailed TS2010 the worthy successor to the TRS2004's thrown, but you already know that right? ;)

Oh my..... when is a throne a thrown?:)

Living in a glass house can be dangerous.:D

Have fun,

j_maybury
June 3rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Oh my..... when is a throne a thrown?:)

Living in a glass house can be dangerous.:D

Have fun,
OK you got me... :p

Inn
June 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Relax my man... It's a signature. It was a simple question no need for that. Back to my point, how are the passenger elements to the game? I'm not a freight fan..

RRSignal
June 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
The Harlem Line is nice, if short. Maglev 2006 is pretty cool too, and, one of my favorites is a tram route (and I normally don't like trams) called Modula City, though you have to make a session and put a tram in it to run it. The latter two do not show up by default; you have change a setting to see these routes, but they are all built-in.

Some other ones with potential (again, you have to add in trains yourself) is the NEC (Northeast Corridor), Cape May County routes. I believe the NYCTA is the ultimate subway route so far, though I have yet to get it to work.

Really, pretty much any route can be made into a passenger route if you play with it a little.

j_maybury
June 3rd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Relax my man... It's a signature. It was a simple question no need for that. Back to my point, how are the passenger elements to the game? I'm not a freight fan..
Sorry mate just having a bit of fun....:D As for passenger routes I'd go with the Harlem line, for the American side, For the British the ECML, and S&C routes, And for Europe I'd say the Amsterdam routes.