PDA

View Full Version : TRS2010 and Speed Tree

Laddie
June 3rd, 2010, 02:23 AM
Hi guys,
TRS2010:EE was delivered yesterday.

Speedtrees... where can I find these? I may be under the false impression of being able to insert them into surveyor and edit them just like they are being edited in the animation on this page: http://www.ts2010.com/features.php

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

airtime
June 3rd, 2010, 05:12 AM
Hello Laddie,

Speedtrees are included in Trainz 2010, they are scattered throughout the objects menu, and usually come under the name "tree" for example Oak"Tree", they don't say Oak"Speedtree" which I thought origionally, they might be under.

I only found this out by going to the new routes added in surveyor, and clicking on various trees I liked, and finding out what they are called, then I dragged and dropped them into the favourites.

I have to let you know that with some speedtrees, once placed on a map in surveyor, they cannot be moved or deleted, using UNDO will get rid of them, Auran are getting round to this problem. Also they sway a little bit too much for some people, however, you are from the UK, like myself, so the trees will seem quite life-like to you and me.

Hope this helps

Joe Airtime

Dug
June 3rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
No, you can't create speedtree animation in Trainz. Trainz is a model railroad simulator, not an animation creation program. That animarion is nothing more than a speedtree advertisment. You may be able to do that, with the proper animation program and an extreme high end computer. But, not with Trainz.

Laddie
June 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
@airtime
Thanks for the info. I think I might have found some last night.

@Dug
Oh, so false advertising then.

Cheers

builder300544
June 3rd, 2010, 07:08 AM
No, you can't create speedtree animation in Trainz. Trainz is a model railroad simulator, not an animation creation program. That animarion is nothing more than a speedtree advertisment. You may be able to do that, with the proper animation program and an extreme high end computer. But, not with Trainz.

So where does this little beauty of information stem from?

Tanvaras
June 3rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
To edit speedtree's I would think you need the speedtree modeller and compiler from http://www.speedtree.com/

Cheers

Trent