PDA

View Full Version : First Route Ever

PereMarquette1225fan
May 30th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Hi everybody,
Big news! I am going to be starting work on my first ever Trainz route. The route will be called the Manchester Northern Railway. I originally had moved on further, but I tore it down and now I am rebuilding the route. The line was originally to be just steam powered and using standard gauge track, but I thought I may add a few diesels for fun and an active narrow gauge portion that brings cargo to points where either it can be delivered to the standard gauge directly or where the standard gauge can pick up the finished product. I am currently working on Jackson. Jackson is a small town in which the railroad provides passenger service from. The plan is to build a functioning railroad where standard gauge and narrow gauge trains can work together. (Much like on the Denver & Rio Grande Western) I am using maddy25's YARN roads for the streets and the roads out of town and boy do they work to my liking. :D The line will also have branch line trains too, where mixed trains come to meet main line trains. Before I forget, the line will terminate in two places. First where the main line meets the Union Pacific Railroad and trains will venture onto the UP via portals and all the cars for revenue will be modern era. At least on the standard gauge. The narrow gauge will use older cars for their trains. The other in the town of Harlet.
Cargos hauled by the Manchester Northern (standard gauge):
Semi-trailers
Lumber
Grain
Containers
Coal
Logs
Woodchips
Oil
Jet fuel
Gasoline
Diesel fuel
General goods (most from places where the narrow gauge brings the raw materials to make the goods)
Food (all types)
Passengers (main and branch line services although most branches will have a mixed train service.
Goods delivered and hauled by the narrow gauge.
Coal
Iron ore
Logs
General goods (from areas where the standard gauge brings the raw materials)
Trackage rights:
Yes, the MN will allow one other railroad trackage rights. Between Hunter and Williamson the New York Central will provide additional freight service on the MN thus giving the line more trains.
Interchanges:
Besides the interchange with the UP at the end of the line where trains venture onto the UP, the MN will interchange cars with the B&O (Baltimore and Ohio Railroad).
Q&A:
If you want to know more, all you have to do is ask. :hehe:
The narrow gauge will be three feet for most of the way with a section of two feet for the coal and iron ore traffic.

SPNGTyler
May 30th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Nice!

From the sounds of it, you have put alot of work into creating a background story for this. It sounds realy cool too, and should be awesome when finished.

I do have a question though.
You list what the Std gauge will haul, but what will the NG.
Also, what type of NG? 3ft, 30in, 2ft?

b9k9kiwi
May 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM
but what will the NG.
Also, what type of NG? 3ft, 30in, 2ft?

Says so in the last line of the originating message ... :eek:

PereMarquette1225fan
June 9th, 2010, 01:29 AM
UPDATE: I broke ground on the first town plus a section of main line track along with most of the Dixon Branch. A branch line that once had lumber, fuels and passenger service provided. Now passenger service is all that's left. I also have a road steam filling station for both main line tracks and the first town needs a bit more work it's almost done. I just have to figure out how to access screenshots. Then I can upload them.