PDA

View Full Version : help with using Attachment maker

mity22
May 30th, 2010, 02:52 AM
I've recently downloaded attachment maker to add a new mesh to a model iv tried following the instructions in the help but it wont work. has someone here got experience with this program.?

PEV
May 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Have you checked if the program is making a mesh called "attach_mesh.im" in the same folder as the mesh you opened initially?

If there is no new mesh then use the procedure in the program help to check if TrainzMeshImporter is working. The TMI is an Auran program that needs run time files installed before it will run.

mity22
May 30th, 2010, 05:00 PM
No iv looked at the help option and tried to follow it said open with cmp and select the model and it must have an axis but it wont work ?

mity22
May 30th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Ill have another go now

johnwhelan
May 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Have you got as far as finding the folder with the .im file you wish to add an attachment to?

Thanks John

mity22
June 2nd, 2010, 03:02 AM
Sort of but that's also a problem cmp is not bringing up all the files iv been trying to follow the info in the help menu in the program? it says find the file and open it for edit with cmp but some are not appearing and the open for edit is not working.:(

PEV
June 2nd, 2010, 05:23 AM
Sort of but that's also a problem cmp is not bringing up all the files iv been trying to follow the info in the help menu in the program? it says find the file and open it for edit with cmp but some are not appearing and the open for edit is not working.:(

If you are working in TC1 or TRS2006 the OpenWith system does not work.. It's only TS2009/10 that have that feature in Content Manager.

In Content Manager use the Edit in Explorer option to open the items for edit. Then you can go to the editing folder using the file open dialogue of my programs.

mity22
June 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks ill let you know how i get on:)

mity22
June 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Hi again iv now got as far as opening the file in edit in explorer and have found the config file then I opened the attachment maker program. The problem now is how do I find the main mesh with attachment maker when I put open file it gives me a long list of programs on my computer but I cant seem to open the correct one?

mity22
June 3rd, 2010, 07:46 AM
It does now open a list of files to do with the train the config text and several other files are there with TGA written under them?. But if I try and open any file other than the config I get the error message windows cant open this file to open this file windows needs to know what prorgam made it and I cant get any further, I must be going wrong somewhere.:confused:

PEV
June 3rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
Start the attachment maker program from the desktop icon, after you have opened the asset for editing in Content manager.

In the Attachment Maker file menu, choose open

A dialogue window will open; browse to the editing folder for the asset.. or the "body" folder for a loco..

You should see any IM or PM files that are in the folder. Select the one you want and click on open button...

Please consider that, if you are struggling with this, you may need some help and practice with the basics of using and setting up Windows programs.

I have purposely not put any registry changes in to have IM files (or PMs for that matter) automatically open this program when you double click them. It's best to have my Trainz Mesh Viewer as the default for opening by double click.

mity22
June 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Ok thanks I will let you know when I get it going the files in the body is were the problem keeps coming As I said it keeps giving the message windows cant open this file do you know what could be cashing this I may need to brush up im ok normally but this seems to have got me stuck.
Phil

mity22
June 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your help with this looks like ill have to download a file cure program cause the files wont open they keep giving that same message thanks through
phil

mity22
June 4th, 2010, 02:30 AM
I think im getting closer to solving my issue with this, one final question through what file would you normally open to add more passenger points as there is a lot showing up? I know after you must save it in the config.thanks
phil

mity22
June 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Pev I now have solved the issue with the file now all I have to do is add the mesh Im close thanks again:cool:

mity22
June 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Pev Ive now added the mesh in and saved it what I want to do is add more attachment points to up the passenger limit how is this done do I just edit the config file?

JAGG
June 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Please help, I am trying to replace triple axes bogey (one mesh) on one tender for three separate single axe bogeys (because original bogey was not animated although it should be). Because of that I created attachment with a.bog1 and a.bog2 (a.bog0 is on original mesh of tender) I linked it properly in config and now I am getting this tender derailed and turned about 180 degress. I can move it in editor but it is not possible to change orientation of the tender. And all the time derailed. Any ideas why?

PEV
June 8th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Pev Ive now added the mesh in and saved it what I want to do is add more attachment points to up the passenger limit how is this done do I just edit the config file?

Too much to show here.. In a short word you have to add "queues" to your config.txt

Look at an example asset that has visible passengers and it will show you.. Also refer to Content Creator's Guide for TC.. look under passenger product.

@Jagg
You must leave a.bog0 and a.bog1 in original mesh, and not duplicate them. Attach dummy bogeys to these then add bogey attachments starting at the next vacant number.. eg if you have a.bog0 and a.bog1 in your mesh you should then start adding at a.bog2. Then attach you new bogeys to the appropriate vacant attachment points.

a.bog0 (front one) and a.bog1 (back one) are the ones that hold the wagon or loco on the tracks. If they are missing or in the wrong places the wagon or loco will derail or won't follow the track correctly.

JAGG
June 9th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks PEV, I did use next vacant number while creating attachment, tender itself has just a.bog0 since it uses 3 axles bogey as single object, I tried to create attachment with 3 a.bogX points (X=1..3). I attached invisible bogey to original a.bog0 and I attached new bogeys to the new attachment, but with still the same result. It seems to me that tender mesh is somehow defective...:(

PEV
June 9th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Surely the tender would have an a.bog1 as well???

If not I guess it tracks around the a.bog0.. It would not be very realistic with the outer wheels off the track in corners.