PDA

View Full Version : Changing Tracks

Mouse84
May 29th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Is there a way to change all the track of one type to another in a route? I think I've read about it before, but a search doesn't find it.

gary6204
May 29th, 2010, 12:18 AM
if you use 2009/2010, in the textures section there is a tool called replace assets box. this will allow you change anything on the map exept for tunnels, bridges and double tracks

hope this helps
chris

Ghostryder
May 29th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Mouse84

would help if you mentioned what version of the game you have.

ghosty

ray_whiley
May 29th, 2010, 12:19 AM
For TRS2004 at least, you can do it in TrainzObjectz by TafWeb - absolutely invaluable - but I don't know whether this can be used for later versions.

Ray

Mouse84
May 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Sorry, I'm using 09 and 06

llebrez
May 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I said this before, but no help so far: Changing all the track may be useful, but would like to be able to change sections only. About a track mark system, and all the tracks between these two trackmarks, get's changed to whatever track is selected on a menu... It does not make sense to change all the tracks on a map, when the line goes into a high mountain with snow, and then it goes down to a beach...

JCitron
May 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I said this before, but no help so far: Changing all the track may be useful, but would like to be able to change sections only. About a track mark system, and all the tracks between these two trackmarks, get's changed to whatever track is selected on a menu... It does not make sense to change all the tracks on a map, when the line goes into a high mountain with snow, and then it goes down to a beach...

This is a great idea. I've gone through the easy way of changing whole sections, but it sure would be nice to change spectifically selected tracks - to be able to take a section of good track and change only that siding for example, and make it rusty without having to delete the track and relay it. This is particularly handy when there's a large yard area, or some other place with a lots of point work. Redoing the point work and signalling can be a a pain especially if the track work and signalling is complicated.

Funny you should mention this. I was thinking about this the other day as I was replacing some track in an area I'd already done before.

John