PDA

View Full Version : 2010 SP2 STUFFED UP AGAIN

steve123
May 21st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Nothing wrong with my hardware ,2010 with sp1 runs fine all the time then i load sp2 into the computer and it stuffs up at least five times this has happend,installed it on my other 2 computers and it did the same thing ,it isnt the hardware at all .

martinvk
May 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
... ,it isnt the hardware at all .
Since we don't know what your hardware is, we'll take your word for it but what about your software? What is the version of your video driver? Just to really be sure, what is your hardware?

aardvark1
May 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Steve has the same problem as before..... reported in this thread:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=56702

And here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=56779

Have fun,:)

NikkiA
May 22nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Steve has the same problem as before..... reported in this thread:

AKA 'Borderline faulty RAM', I've had similar problems that were impossible to track down in the past, always turns out to be RAM problems.

Winglessbird
May 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
AKA 'Borderline faulty RAM', I've had similar problems that were impossible to track down in the past, always turns out to be RAM problems.

I dont agree.2010 runs great on its own.Add SP1 and it was iffy.Add SP2 and it turned to crap,so now I run 2010 unchanged and it fine.If you look at what SP2 was supposed to fix and I say supposed you will find the answer.Auran strikes yet again!!!

martinvk
May 22nd, 2010, 05:47 PM
I dont agree.2010 runs great on its own.Add SP1 and it was iffy.Add SP2 and it turned to crap,so now I run 2010 unchanged and it fine.If you look at what SP2 was supposed to fix and I say supposed you will find the answer.Auran strikes yet again!!!With respect, I don't agree. Give it the ram and graphics and it will work. My TS2010 build 42203 works just great on Win7 64bit, 12GB with an NVidia GTX 285.

JCitron
May 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
With respect, I don't agree. Give it the ram and graphics and it will work. My TS2010 build 42203 works just great on Win7 64bit, 12GB with an NVidia GTX 285.

I agree, Martin. I have a similar machine with no problems at all. Also new memory and a new video card, which I burned in for a few days prior to doing anything serious on it. I have spoken with him before on this, and never heard the results of his testing.

Sometimes I wonder if some people just like to complain publicly for the sake of complaining, and never fix a problem because they don't want it to go away - they want the problem there to complain about.

If I were he, I would run a uninstall TS2010. (Backup content first). Run a decent system and registry cleaner to remove any leftover installer temporary files, and then reinstall the program and the service packs.

If this process doesn't work, well then there's something wrong with the hardware because the majority of the users do not have any problems, and the hardware issues need some deeper research.

John

John