PDA

View Full Version : paintshed

Aristides
May 5th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Can anyone give me a download link for locos paintshed? Thanks

cascaderailroad
May 5th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Paintshed does very little painting...and only paints @ a dozen Paintshed Templates...why does anyone want it...it has been discontinued in 09/10

marlonza
May 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I suppose he's in my position. We want to paint our own locos but are affraid to ask and sound stupid :)
So now it's discontinued, ok, no one paints loco's anymore then?

cascaderailroad
May 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
All the no good, default, carpy, Auran Paintshed Template locos & cars are painted with Paintshed. It can not paint anything other than a few Paintshed Templates. If you have something to paint that is not a Auran Paintshed Template...Forget about using Paintshed for it won't work on non-paintshed assets.

Reskining all the rest of locos and cars is done with technical programs other than Auran's, and Paintshed. It is not as easy as painting an HO Loco.

You have to master making masks, and detail layers. If you just fill paint a loco, you will wipe out all the rivots, doors, and details.

pfx
May 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
All the no good, default, carpy, Auran Paintshed Template locos & cars are painted with Paintshed. It can not paint anything other than a few Paintshed Templates.

Reskining all the rest of locos and cars is done with technical programs other than Auran's, and Paintshed. It is not as easy as painting an HO Loco.

You have to master making masks, and detail layers. If you just fill paint a loco, you will wipe out all the rivots, doors, and details.

Ignore this completely unhelpful post. It's hard to get motivated when you ask a perfectly reasonable question and get an answer like this.

It is possible to reskin locos, carriages, signs, etc. and it isn't hugely complicated as long as you have a little patience. I've managed so that's proof enough. All you need is a free paint program such as GIMP or paint.net. and you can find out how to get to grips with it here.

http://trainzresources.com/directory/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

cascaderailroad
May 5th, 2010, 03:16 PM
But you can't paint them with Auran PAINTSHED...and Paintshed was the question in point, and the title of this thread...Paintshed.

Everybody posts & asks 100 times per year...where can I get Paintshed

Search "Paintshed" there are at least 50 threads started on Paintshed, Paintshed, Paintshed...

Paintshed is an extremely limited Auran program that is lacking.

Promote the "Search" tab button...Type a phrase and "Search" a subject, before posting questions.

pfx
May 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I posted in response to marlonza's post. As he very clearly states, beginners are afraid to ask what may deemed stupid questions by others. I offered a little more information about an alternative to using paintshed rather than provide an obtuse answer. It's commonly called being helpful.

Instead of being so negative, perhaps you could have made a useful suggestion.

marlonza
May 6th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Thanks PFX, it seems the process is very similiar to how I paint/skin my flightsim aircraft, which is indeed, complex and time consuming.
But I understand what Paintshed is now, thanks :)