PDA

View Full Version : Trainz 2010

Iced8383
April 30th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I've considered buying it. Since the serial number on Trainz 2004 wasn't transferred with all my Trainz files to my new laptop, should I get Trainz 2010 to replace it?

aardvark1
April 30th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hi,

Did you check in your PROFILE on the forum page to see if you 2004 key is there?

But, don't let that stop you from getting 2010.

Have fun,:)

Gary024
April 30th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I recently purchased Trainz 2010 Engineers edition. I have never had any other version I used to have Microsoft train simulator but finally retired it.
I for one am not all that happy about it. While the scenery is great the realism lacks a lot. So far I have found trees in the middle of the tracks that the train drives right through with no harm, and in the routes that do have crossings with cars the cars sometime go right through the train. The bells on some locomotive's are not realistic at all ringing the bell just gives you a horn sound in quick succession. If not for the fantastic realism of some of the scenery I have seen I would demand my money back.The head lights on most trains are not realistic either.
The other complaint I have is the routes that came with it are very long and allmost impossible to do. far to many AI trains that have the right of way no matter what. Last time I checked that is not the way it works in the real world. If I had known about these problems I would not have bought it.:'(

meatloaf747
April 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I've considered buying it. Since the serial number on Trainz 2004 wasn't transferred with all my Trainz files to my new laptop, should I get Trainz 2010 to replace it?

If you can afford TS2010, then I'd recommend you get it. I've had it for awhile now and I'm very happy with it. (especially after they released SP2 for 2010). IMHO it's the best release of Trainz to-date.
You'll enjoy it even more if you are one of these people where your glass is always half full, rather than it's always half empty!!!
Cheers. Mac...

sparky15
April 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM
What if you're the type who thinks the glass is to big?:cool:

I'm not a fan of the newer stuff, but, I would never not recommend someone trying them. The only way to know is to try it for yourself. Don't go by what I or anyone else says, only you will know. For the price it is worth trying.

Gary,
Give Trainz some time. I still enjoy MSTS as well but Trainz does do things so much better. If you spent any time at all in the RE you will appreciate Trainz. Setting up your own scenarios is pretty easy to grasp. It does take time though.

Dave.....

RRSignal
April 30th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Is there a way to transfer a 20% off voucher? Somebody kindly sent me theirs (ronbostephens, thanks!) but I already have TS2010. Maybe it could sweeten the deal for the OP.

Iced8383
May 1st, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi,

Did you check in your PROFILE on the forum page to see if you 2004 key is there?

But, don't let that stop you from getting 2010.

The problem is that I transferred the files to my new computer, but it didn't remember the serial number, so I can't run Trainz. Someone told me you could enter the serial number multiple times, but I don't believe that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

aardvark1
May 1st, 2010, 03:26 PM
The problem is that I transferred the files to my new computer, but it didn't remember the serial number, so I can't run Trainz. Someone told me you could enter the serial number multiple times, but I don't believe that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IF you registered 2004 with Auran, the serial key is on the Auran server in your profile.

You do NOT need to (or are permitted to) enter the serial key more than one time......IF you did register.

Did you check your PROFILE to see if it is there?

hope5
May 2nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
does anyone know if a laptop with:
processor: celeron(r) dual-core cpu t3000
1.80ghz 1.79ghz

memory: 3 gb

64-bit operating system.

can handle trainz2010?

(the laptop has no games or sound card (due to fact i cant afford a games or sound card being a 13 year old with no pocket money income...:hehe:and asking my parents isent a option...:hehe: ) but can easily handle trainz2006)
(i dont know what my graphics card is eather so if anyone knows where i can find that out please let me know

please reply thanks.

martinvk
May 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Is that Vista 64 or Win7 64. Either way, checking the device manager for display information or the NVidia control panel if you have an NVidia card, will get you the info. Many laptops have an integrated video chip and not a separate video card and that might be an issue.

Looks like you have the power and memory, the only question is the video and that is critical. Trainz is a very video intense game and any stumble in this area will be obvious. Even if the card is OK, having the latest drivers is also important. Luckily they are given out for free by the video card manufacturers so that is not an issue.

With no other games on your laptop, it's hard to know how good it really is.

@anyone, is the TrainsDiag program available as a separate download to test the compatibility of a system?

clam1952
May 2nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
does anyone know if a laptop with:
processor: celeron(r) dual-core cpu t3000
1.80ghz 1.79ghz

memory: 3 gb

64-bit operating system.

can handle trainz2010?

(the laptop has no games or sound card (due to fact i cant afford a games or sound card being a 13 year old with no pocket money income...:hehe:and asking my parents isent a option...:hehe: ) but can easily handle trainz2006)
(i dont know what my graphics card is eather so if anyone knows where i can find that out please let me know

please reply thanks.

Be very unusual for a laptop not to have a sound card inbuilt, in fact I can't think of one that hasn't, probably just needs drivers or switching on?

Download and run this, Belarc Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html that will tell you exactly what you have on your laptop.

tlv_53
May 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Very frustrating!!!!Cant find help anywhere...Controls are confusing...I tried setting up my own train and running it...It runs on the HIGHWAY..Near the tracks..not on the rails!.....Cars go through the trains....Cant find a way to erase the train on the highway!!!...Guess Ill just build another ON the tracks and race them??? VERY FRUSTRATING INDEED!

martinvk
May 2nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
tsk, tsk, did you build this route or are you using an existing one?

Roads and Highways are just track with rails removed and then covered with pavement. If it has still been configured as a track, you can still put a train on it and it will work. Not pretty but that's how street cars are made to work too. Try putting the train on a track that looks like a track. Oh and the carz are blind so they don't see the train. Read the instructions about placing and moving trains on a map. Lots of other helpful hints in there too. And don't get too frustrated, it's only a game. Trainz people are in it for the long haul, many have been at it for years so nice and easy does it. It's a bit of a learning curve but worth it.