PDA

View Full Version : Why has this not been done?

frosty90
April 30th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hi all,
Something that has always been missing from trainz, is 3 position upper quadrant semaphores. After all this time, no one has ever made them. In many countries they were one of the main forms of signalling for upto 100 years. Is it just not possible for some reason? A long time ago, I started making some models in gmax, but never finished and they are gone now. Is there something that would stop such a thing existing in the trainz world? Why hasnt anyone made any yet?

ldowns
April 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hi all,
Something that has always been missing from trainz, is 3 position upper quadrant semaphores. After all this time, no one has ever made them. In many countries they were one of the main forms of signalling for upto 100 years. Is it just not possible for some reason? A long time ago, I started making some models in gmax, but never finished and they are gone now. Is there something that would stop such a thing existing in the trainz world? Why hasnt anyone made any yet?

I would also like to see these. They're certainly possible. But, as with all things Trainz, someone would need to spend the time and effort to do it. For example, as far as I know the only working semaphores for U.S. practice are a pair of absolutely beautiful lower-quadrant semaphores created way back (for TS04 I think). Unfortunately the only upper quadrant ones I've seen are NYO&W ones that don't seem to work in '06 or higher.

Once I'm retired I have dreams of doing some of these myself, as I would dearly love some Erie and Northern Pacific semaphores. But don't hold your breath, as I'll be starting content creation from scratch... Anyone want to beat me to it?

--Lamont

frosty90
May 1st, 2010, 08:50 PM
Id be more than happy to make some models, but I'd have no idea how to write the code to get the animation to work in trainz. Some one said once that the trainz script api is on the trainz cd, well it isnt. And I dont know where to find it.....maybe someone can tell mewhere to find it and I'd probably be motivated to make these.