PDA

View Full Version : WINDOWS or FIREFOX for TRAINZ 2010

Lynn_Forster
April 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hey....just wondering what web browser i should use.....im using internet explorer 8 but thinking of changing to firefox.

pware
April 24th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Trainz has its own internal web browser for Driver operations which uses a very limited sub-set of HTML so neither Firefox nor IE (any version) is needed to play the game.

As far as using this web site and the DLS it seems to make no difference. I use both Firefox and IE8 and see no difference in the operation of the site or the DLS.

Peter

RRSignal
April 24th, 2010, 06:44 PM
For safety reasons I definitely would go with Firefox or Opera. Opera has the advantage of being very fast and, since it comprises something like 1% of the browser market, it's unlikely that anyone would try to develop Opera-specific attacks. The flip side, of course, is that there aren't many people testing it for flaws.

Firefox has lots of addons, which is why I like it. However, I would disable Java in ANY browser, turning it on on an as-needed basis and being careful to be sure to turn it off when done using a website that needs it. Fortunately, the average Joe doesn't use any websites that require Java.

zippo1
April 24th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I haven't been in TRAINZ 2006 that long, ( since 2009 ), and when I first joined I was using Windows Internet Eexplorer 7.

I had a few issues with staying connected for a while, while changing internet providers, and finally also changed to Mozilla Firefox as my primary web browzer. Since then, I have had no problem other than my computer malfunctions. ( Processor Lockup ). I now NORMALLY log on using Firefox, and have no problems.