PDA

View Full Version : Driver to Surveyor Problems

railsong
April 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I am running TS2010EE and when I go from driver mode back to surveyor to do more editing it won't let me add or move any objects of any kind. I have to exit the game and start all over, then surveyor works fine. Is there some setting I don't have set right or what? It is very annoying to have to exit the game every time I want to change something. Any help would be appreciated....
Mel

JCitron
April 18th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I am running TS2010EE and when I go from driver mode back to surveyor to do more editing it won't let me add or move any objects of any kind. I have to exit the game and start all over, then surveyor works fine. Is there some setting I don't have set right or what? It is very annoying to have to exit the game every time I want to change something. Any help would be appreciated....
Mel

Mel,

Make sure you're editing the right layer. If you make changes on the Session layer, they will be separate from the Route layer and vise verse. In TS2010, you can edit the Session Layer in Surveyor by going into the driver session from the menu.

There's the edit session icon on the left. I'm not at my computer right now so I'm trying to do this from memory. I hope this isn't too vague.

John

railsong
April 19th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reply, John. As a newbie I guess I have saved almost everything as a session layer. When I go into route and select edit route, nothing shows up, including all the track I have laid, except some of the track stubs on some industries and a couple of industries and some of the textures I have painted, such as grass color. Almost everything is in the session layer. So if I wanted to create another session I suppose there wouldn't be any of the track I have laid as they are in the session layer. Would I have to change all the track etc. to a route layer and resave to be able to use it in another session? This is the first route I have worked on. It does work OK for AI etc., just the problem of going from driver mode back to surveyor for editing. I wonder why you can't add any track objects when you go back to surveyor? It seems when I go from driver to surveyor everything shows up there that I have created, just won't let me add any track objects, etc. I am really confused by this.....Thanks again...
Mel

railsong
April 19th, 2010, 10:30 AM
:) I think I have got it figured out. When I come back from dirver mode it puts me in the route layer mode. I just click on the layers tab and then select the session layer and everything works fine....Maybe this will make it more clear for anyone else having this problem...Thanks very much....
Mel