PDA

View Full Version : ATLS Traffic Stopper Rollable probs

hyderpotter
April 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I am having probs with the ATLS Traffic Stopper Rollable. None of my trafic is stopping at the crossing.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/hyderpotter/hyderpotter_20100415_0004.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/hyderpotter/hyderpotter_20100415_0003.jpg

Is that setup right?

motorbreath
April 14th, 2010, 09:56 PM
It looks as though your triggers are in the middle of the street, instead of being placed back where you want the train to trigger the crossing and traffic stop. Unless you have them there for something else.

hyderpotter
April 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM
It looks as though your triggers are in the middle of the street, instead of being placed back where you want the train to trigger the crossing and traffic stop. Unless you have them there for something else.

The triggers are on the tracks. I am using a new addon called Level Crossing Base (2T) 464202:1346.

The Yellow boxs are not trigge.

PerRock
April 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM
you need to pull the triggers out a ways from the crossing. The crossing won't activate until a train crosses over the trigger. It will then take a little while for the gates to close and such.

peter

hyderpotter
April 14th, 2010, 11:01 PM
you need to pull the triggers out a ways from the crossing. The crossing won't activate until a train crosses over the trigger. It will then take a little while for the gates to close and such.

peter

You mean like this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/hyderpotter/hyderpotter_20100415_0006.jpg

PerRock
April 14th, 2010, 11:50 PM
yes you'll probably have to play around with the distances and such to get it perfected; but yes thats bassicaly it.

peter

hyderpotter
April 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
But I find that the cars do not stop even when the barriers are down.

motorbreath
April 15th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Have you set up your ATLS components? Use the "?" button and set them to a channel, and to LCM etc. The instructions for each device appear when you hit the "?" button, which is the edit properties button. Also, there is an ATLS tutorial. Just use the forum search feature.

hyderpotter
April 15th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Have you set up your ATLS components? Use the "?" button and set them to a channel, and to LCM etc. The instructions for each device appear when you hit the "?" button, which is the edit properties button. Also, there is an ATLS tutorial. Just use the forum search feature.

Yes I have and there is no setting for the Traffic Stopper Rollable.

motorbreath
April 15th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Yes I have and there is no setting for the Traffic Stopper Rollable.
I am not yet familiar with the rollable one yet. I think the stopper itself does not have any settings since it is connected to the slave and acts as an invisible crossing. I am also unfamiliar with the crossing you are using, so someone else may have to jump in and help. You did set the triggers too, right?

motorbreath
April 15th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Also, I can't see your spline circles, and I hate to ask a stupid question...
Did you connect the road to the stoppers? I only ask since it is hard to tell from your pictures.

scottling
April 15th, 2010, 12:41 AM
hyderpotter,

What you need to do is have one "Slave" for each Traffic Stopper, and your triggers on the tracks need to be much further out for the crossing to work effectively. Your controller, and all the other assets, need to be set to the same channel, and your controller and slaves need to be set in "LCM" (Level Crossing Mode), which is reached by having -1 route.

I do hope this herlps, because ATLS is a great system to use once you know how!

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

hyderpotter
April 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Also, I can't see your spline circles, and I hate to ask a stupid question...
Did you connect the road to the stoppers? I only ask since it is hard to tell from your pictures.

I know, I spot it it when I seen the picture. It now been updated.

hyderpotter
April 15th, 2010, 01:02 AM
hyderpotter,

What you need to do is have one "Slave" for each Traffic Stopper, and your triggers on the tracks need to be much further out for the crossing to work effectively. Your controller, and all the other assets, need to be set to the same channel, and your controller and slaves need to be set in "LCM" (Level Crossing Mode), which is reached by having -1 route.

I do hope this herlps, because ATLS is a great system to use once you know how!

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

In one of the picture at http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS3.pdf http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/hyderpotter/141.jpg

Only one Slave is use for the traffic stopper.

In one of the pictues at http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS2.pdf http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/hyderpotter/66.jpg

The triggers are near the crossing

I am using a Level Crossing Base

boat
April 15th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Hi,

It looks like the usual problem with non-stopping cars.... 'Spline points too close to the Stopper'. You need to have SEVERAL car lengths between the nearest road spline point at the connection to the Stopper.

From your photo, it looks like there is a spline point, (on the bend) very close to the Stopper. You will have to move the spline point further away. This will mean a less steep bend but no other option.

Boat

WillPac
April 15th, 2010, 02:00 PM
...and here is what is probably a stupid question: when you say your cars still don't stop, do you see this while in Driver? I know that ATLS traffic doesn't pay attention to traffic signals or train crossing gates in Surveyor but do once in Driver mode.

hyderpotter
April 15th, 2010, 02:34 PM
...and here is what is probably a stupid question: when you say your cars still don't stop, do you see this while in Driver? I know that ATLS traffic doesn't pay attention to traffic signals or train crossing gates in Surveyor but do once in Driver mode.

It should only stop in driver.

paulzmay
April 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
There's really nothing special about the rollable version of the traffic stopper - I just needed a version that would work on a slope, and though it would be handy if it worked for multi-lane traffic too. In all other respects it should work exactly the same as Boat's stopper. Personally I'd suspect a spline point too close to the stopper. If you're using TS2010 the distance you need to allow seems to have increased - I'd estimate at least 4 car lengths are needed now.

Paul

hyderpotter
April 15th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I have fix the prob now. I had to move my tacks as well.

skidmark22
April 22nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
I hope I am putting this in the correct thread. Also not trying to hijack it. Just looking for an answer to why car keep going thru the crossing when the gates are down and the train is traveling like in this image.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/skidmark22/crossing1.jpg

hyderpotter
April 22nd, 2010, 06:05 AM
I hope I am putting this in the correct thread. Also not trying to hijack it. Just looking for an answer to why car keep going thru the crossing when the gates are down and the train is traveling like in this image.

Are you using the ATLS SLAVE for this crossing?

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/atls3.pdf

skidmark22
April 22nd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Are you using the ATLS SLAVE for this crossing?

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/atls3.pdf

I didn't make that route (Tidewater Point in TRS 2009) so I really can not answer you question. I do know that it looks like a european crossing that the builder used. I can also tell you that it seems to happen on almost every route I have and every one I build no matter what crossing I use. Some of the cars stop and some don't. It just looks like crap when you are trying to make a video and cars are passing right through the train. In my route I built for the 2010 route competition, I used "Yarn Crossing 2T L2 +Li -Si -Sh" and some cars stop and some don't. I have no idea if that crossing is ATLS SLAVE or not.

skidmark22
April 22nd, 2010, 08:03 PM
Well I guess that is the best answer I am going to get. I would think that if Auran is going to make highways that have cars on them and crossings that have lights and/or a gate that operates when a train approaches, it would also program in for the cars to stop when the lights and/or gate is flashing or down. Instead they just rely on me to have a PHD at programming and editing config files also an engineering degree in railroad building to know how to set up this ALTS traffic crossing stuff. I looked at that link (ALTS tutorial) and it is mostly greek to me. Sorry I am so stupid. Looks like if I want to make videos, I will have to do it in Railworks. The cars stop at a crossing when a train is passing in that program.

paulzmay
April 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
It seems to me that the problem with cars not stopping at crossings when the last spline point in the road is to close has got worse in the last versions (I may be wrong). If this is the case, then older routes that had crossings that worked reliably may now exhibit this problem. The only solution, as I see it, is to move the spline points on the roads back. ATLS is not exempt from this issue.

Paul

boat
April 23rd, 2010, 04:19 AM
It seems to me that the problem with cars not stopping at crossings when the last spline point in the road is to close has got worse in the last versions (I may be wrong). If this is the case, then older routes that had crossings that worked reliably may now exhibit this problem. The only solution, as I see it, is to move the spline points on the roads back. ATLS is not exempt from this issue.

Paul

I agree Paul, TS 2010 seems much more temperamental when it comes to Spline Point placing. I even had to remove a fixed road piece, (an AJS Level crossing I think), completely away from a Stopper before traffic would stop! :confused:

Boat

chrisjohn
December 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
This appears to be a conundrum. I have installed various crossings on a cloned copy of ECML for my own use, replacing the static ones with track level crossings including Boat's, Built-in, and others and cars are still not always stopping for closed gates or barriers. I have one crossing (GWR double) which does stop traffic, and the next one doesn't. I have examined the track, and there appears little difference in spline distance etc. Is it the Road type? Question unresolved in my opinion. I am using a dual core processor on TS2009/2010 amalgam, on the latest version 44088. Otherwise the program runs like a train. LOL.

paulzmay
December 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
It's the distance of the nearest road spline points to the crossing that makes a difference. The rail spline points don't affect LC performance at all...

Paul

emcnally
December 20th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I could use some help with this also. I'm using BNSF50s NRC gates and roads with the ATLS contoller, slave and stopper. It worked well in ts2009, but I've switched to ts2010 and now the traffic slows down at the crossing but still continues to cross. My road splines are about 500 ft from the stopper. I've got it setup now for LCM 1 or 2 way trigger set on channel 2 setup with a slave attached to each stopper. I've also tried it with just one slave and an invisible track attached to each stopper from the slave. Nothing seems to be working for me.