PDA

View Full Version : Roaming Signals

papajoe
April 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I've noticed that the signals I've placed on my layout move around. When I exit a layout &/or Trainz, or when I go back the next day & start the layout, the signals have moved all over the place. They seem to be facing correctly, but they'll be WAY up the track from where I put them. Any idea how I can stop this from happening? (Running 2006) THANX for looking.

ZZ_Tops
April 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I've noticed a similar problem, but also have a few workarounds:

1. The problem sometimes occurs when I move track, change segment lengths, remove spline points in the track, etc. so one option is to do signaling later on once the track is laid.

2. The signals and track objects will stay on the same segment when this happens, so one option is to make a really short segment by putting in two track points on either side of the signal to fence it in.

papajoe
April 6th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Thanx for the info. Will give that a try. I figured I'd have to start over since they're all over the place...........I really am not sure which one goes where. I think all my USA04's are staying put, it's the 05's that are moving. Maybe I'm also putting in too many signals......kinda new at this signal thing!