PDA

View Full Version : trainz downloader pro

TRAINZ401183
March 22nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
hoe do you work trainz downloader pro? i tried to download something but its not on trainz:'( i have trainz 2010

rweber95
March 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
You'd be better off using TS2010's Content Manager to do your downloads because it will get all dependencies, if they're on the DLS, plus it will install and commit them into TS2010 all in one operation.

Bob

ldowns
March 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Only if you don't mind connecting your Trainz PC directly to the Internet. Not everyone wants to expose years of work to the whims of psychotic vandals.

There are at least two versions of Trainz Downloader Pro. I use 3.1 with XP; I think 3.2 is for Vista and later versions. Be sure you're using the right one with your PC. If you try to use the later one with XP you'll only get one asset listed on the right, instead of all 25 or whatever you have your display properties set to.

Once you download a .cdp file (you can determine where it goes in the program settings window), you need to copy it to your Trainz PC if you're using a different one for downloading. Then open CMP and choose the menu item Import CDPs, point it at the .cdp file, and double click. The new asset should install and open for edit. You'll need to commit it in CMP before using, unless you've set up CMP to automatically commit assets. You may also need to fix errors if it's older content being used with a newer version of Trainz.

Hope this helps.

--Lamont

PS: Trainz Downloader Pro does also identify and download all dependencies automatically (provided they're on the DLS).

Loco74
March 28th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Only if you don't mind connecting your Trainz PC directly to the Internet. Not everyone wants to expose years of work to the whims of psychotic vandals.

There are at least two versions of Trainz Downloader Pro. I use 3.1 with XP; I think 3.2 is for Vista and later versions. Be sure you're using the right one with your PC. If you try to use the later one with XP you'll only get one asset listed on the right, instead of all 25 or whatever you have your display properties set to.

Once you download a .cdp file (you can determine where it goes in the program settings window), you need to copy it to your Trainz PC if you're using a different one for downloading. Then open CMP and choose the menu item Import CDPs, point it at the .cdp file, and double click. The new asset should install and open for edit. You'll need to commit it in CMP before using, unless you've set up CMP to automatically commit assets. You may also need to fix errors if it's older content being used with a newer version of Trainz.

Hope this helps.

--Lamont

PS: Trainz Downloader Pro does also identify and download all dependencies automatically (provided they're on the DLS).

Where can i find Trainz Downloader Pro 3.2

Loco74

BLACKWATCH
March 28th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Where can i find Trainz Downloader Pro 3.2

Loco74

On the internet, there's a thing called 'GOOGLE' if you use it it comes up as the top answer. ;)

Loco74
March 28th, 2012, 05:18 AM
thank you for this answer, but when i google the only version what i can find is the version where my virusscanner is reacts that there is a virus
that's the reason that i ask for a site

BLACKWATCH
March 28th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Not getting any warning with my antivirus, but the last link on page 1 is a trusted site, see if you get a warning with this one ...............
http://www.softwaregeek.com/lg-downloader-pro/freeware/p1.html

Robert2004-1
July 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hi
Where can I get Downloader Pro3.2.The internet site noted on the previous post comes up with error 4004.

Thanks
Robert2004-1