PDA

View Full Version : yard or session setup?

Gary25b
March 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
I downloaded McCall Yard. There are no sessions with it, so I was going to make a 'base session' for it, with AI trains coming in, various cars at sidings, some in the yard, etc. I also note that none of the industries are currently configured for loading/unloading.

My question is, before making the session should I edit the yard to configure the industries? Or should that go with the new session too?

ct_krogen
March 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
there are seesions for it

Dermmy
March 22nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Hi Gary

If you got the original version of the route from Checkrail there is one session and one scenario by Joachim-9 on the DLS.

If you got one of the variations of the route available from the DLS then there is one session to suit each variation of the route. The DLS routes are ONLY available because of a misunderstanding between myself and the creator (my fault) but in general I don't allow redistribution of altered versions of my routes. Any distributed session must use the route as supplied....

Andy :)

cathouse
March 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Hi
after searching fruitlessly for Joachim9 on the dls then discovering its Joachim-9 I then find they are for 06.
drat drat drat :'(

oh well

Roy

Gary25b
March 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hi Gary

If you got the original version of the route from Checkrail there is one session and one scenario by Joachim-9 on the DLS.

If you got one of the variations of the route available from the DLS then there is one session to suit each variation of the route. The DLS routes are ONLY available because of a misunderstanding between myself and the creator (my fault) but in general I don't allow redistribution of altered versions of my routes. Any distributed session must use the route as supplied....

Hi,

I got it from Checkrail. Have to ask, what's the difference between a session and a scenario?

At any rate, I decided to go ahead and use the Quick Portal Manager, and learned that it apparently can only be invoked by editing the route. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't invoke it while editing a session)

Oddly enough, I made a simple AI schedule, start at the West On portal, navigate to the East Off Portal. The train always comes to a halt quite a distance from the first signal, which is green. Far down the line, at the end of the major yard tracks, a turnout has to be changed to get the signal there to go green. However, the AI train never continues on through to the East portal. I'm guessing now that I have to try using navigate via commands.

By the way, I'm running the route on TS2010.

Dermmy
March 23rd, 2010, 04:01 AM
The route was built and runs fine in TRS04. The AI works slightly differently in later versions than it did in the good ol' days and I have honestly never loaded it in any version other than 04. I will have a look at it in 10 and see if i can get it to work as expected...

Oh - sessions use in-game rules etc, scenarios use an external program to create a more 'sophisticated' running environment.

Gary25b
March 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Awesome. Please let us know if you come up with a modification. Just FYI there are some script errors for the ProtoLars, but those are way over my head and I just ignore them.

In the meantime, I really enjoy the route. Thx for making it available.

Dermmy
March 25th, 2010, 04:26 AM
...I made a simple AI schedule, start at the West On portal, navigate to the East Off Portal. The train always comes to a halt quite a distance from the first signal, which is green. Far down the line, at the end of the major yard tracks, a turnout has to be changed to get the signal there to go green. However, the AI train never continues on through to the East portal. I'm guessing now that I have to try using navigate via commands.

By the way, I'm running the route on TS2010.

Gary I just put the route in TS2010/SP2. I ran AI trains from 'On' to 'Off' portals Eastbound and Westbound without issue using the route exactly as downloaded. The only Driver Command used was 'Navigate to XXX Portal'.

In both cases the AI train was the only train on the route. If you have more than one train it may be that other traffic is messing with the junctions, but without more info I am groping in the dark...

Gary25b
March 25th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Sounds like you did the exact same as me. So I haven't a clue. Thx for looking into it.