PDA

View Full Version : Layers

happyj
March 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM
My thanks to everyone who has offered advice on layers. Most advocate merging sessions to the route layer. Unfortunately none indicated how to accomplish this. Maybe I am too dense or maybe too old to figure it out by myself.

Accordingly could someone give me a step by step method of merging sessions to the route layer, especially when you don't know which is the route layer.

Thanks.

fran1
March 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Have a look at page 35 of the manual. Probably wont help as it's not exactly in depth.

angelah
March 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I have used layers in PaintShopPro and I think the 2010 ones may be similar.
You can create a basic route. Then save as a session and in that session add assets for say, a particular time period and save the session.
This means that assets save in the session will not show in the original basic route, so you can create different sessions for different things from the single route.
But whatever you layer in a route will show in all sessions created from that route.
That is my interpretation, I have yet to see if it works....

Angela

NikkiA
March 9th, 2010, 02:35 PM
My thanks to everyone who has offered advice on layers. Most advocate merging sessions to the route layer. Unfortunately none indicated how to accomplish this. Maybe I am too dense or maybe too old to figure it out by myself.

Accordingly could someone give me a step by step method of merging sessions to the route layer, especially when you don't know which is the route layer.

Thanks.

Open the layers pull-out in the interface, select the session-layer, now, see that fork-like icon at the bottom-right of the pull-out? click it, it'll ask you what you want to merge into, select 'route-layer', and click the tick mark.

Presto, you're done

happyj
March 11th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Thanks to all who responded to my post.

My problem was that I was trying to manipulate layers in the Route Interface instead of the Edit Route Interface.

As a result, I have to ask why Auran goes to the extra expense of producing a multicolor manual that describes new features but give no indication of how to work with these features. P 35 of the manual give a full description of the function of layers but no indication of where they are located or how they work. Are "Readme's" a thing of the past.

Cheers.